1st timer need advice

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by met090, Apr 7, 2007.

1. My plants are 1 week old. I have them under 4 2 foot t5 lights. I was hoping to clone the females and work with a bubble bucket and lst. I have the h2O ph at 6.5 and have alot of air circulating ( around 77 degrees) so I water about once every other day. I usually just put the water in the bottom of the small container and let the peat moss cups wick the water up. I have seen some posts that by this time the plant is about twice this size and other that are abotu the same. Any suggestions?????
    thanks

Attached Files:

2. i`m no expert m8 but i made this mistake so mabye i can pass on my knowledge your soil looks a bit `barky` hopefully you have different soil for transplanting ?

3. Exactly, how did you start these plants?

4. I use potting soil from Lowes. The seeds were from an ok bag- far from kind. Only 4 germinated out of like 12seed using a paper towel. Any suggestions???

5. Ok man,\

If you listen here, you can't go wrong.

Scrap what you've got and get some more seeds.

Lay the seeds out on a table, and push down on them w/ your thumb.. just to the point where it hurts.

If the seed cracks, toss it away, it was no good to begin with.

Take the good seeds and stick em between two pieces of nicely moist paper towel (not too moist, as everyone says).
    Put em in a baggie, and into a dark warm place.

Once the seeds crack and produce a taproot, ( this could take from 24 hrs to 2 weeks) Transplant them into peat pellets or your medium of choice, although I;ve never gone wrong with peat pellets.

Note : always try to use purified water. (Dehumidifier or rain water) all the way thorugh your grow. I'm lucky. I have a dehumidifier. It's almost worth buying one for the clean water it collects.

Tap water has harmful additives, although you can let it sit overnight, and the additives will evaporate.

When you plant your seeds, cover them with 1/4 - 1/2 inch of medium. Put em in a dark warm place and keep em moist.

You should get some white sprouts with two round leaves within a couple of days. Now put em under a couple of compact fluorescents.

The rest is up to your research.

6. good luck with your grow

7. thanks for the 411. I have already srcapped the bunch. I believe the soil had toooo much nuts. killed them dead. I did find a great little hyrdo shop in a nearby city. Very cool. :hello: