1st time LST - week 1 flowering

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by third ey3, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Wanted to share a few pics, maybe try to keep it ongoing during flowering, of my DNA Sour Cream (Sour x G13). Vegged about 8 weeks under 104W 6500K CFL in MG soil + perlite, added some nutes there near the end, and cut a clone off for a mother down the road. I just got in some FF nutes (liquid and water sols) so I'll start a 40-50% FF nute schedule here tomorrow.

I'll be flowering in a vented 7.5 sq ft grow space with a 400w HPS and 46W of soft CFL per side. Cab lined with Panda film. Temps should be between 79 - 83F lights on, 5 cooler lights out.

This is my first experience with LST, I've been managing the growth since week 2 or 3. Based upon what I've researched, appears fairly decent. I'm trying to spread out the growth evenly using 14guage galvanized wire. Somewhere I read that that wire can affect the soil or something, any word on that? I'm getting new shoots every day, we'll see if I can get 20 of them before all's said and done. What you're looking at is a 12" pot, about 3 gal, I only wish I would have done more to fill the other side of the pot. I guess it'll fill out a bit.

Criticism or comments welcome, tey3

Attached Files:

2. looking good dude...i guess you could have vegged alot more...havnt heard anything about wire disrupting the soil. ideal is when you take advantage of the entire pot but you already know this, next time will be more supreme im sure :D

3. Looks good man gl

4. End of week 1. Half dosage of FF nutes went over really well a few days ago, will increase concentration a bit next time. Within the next 7 I'll expect some confirmation that she's a she.

Attached Files:

5. nice distribution, getting bushy

6. From the extensive research I have done on LST. No one seems to have ever had a problem using wire to LST.. Even tho you say it is galvanized wire.. And i know that metals that are galvanized are toxic. The only reason why i say this is because in the soil, there are elements present that may be able to break down that galv coating. This is all just hypothetical, because you cannot weld galvanized metals because they put off toxic fumes....

I Plan on doing my 1st LST soon. Probably withing the next week or 2. Workin on the room right now. Yours is nice and bushy and looks great for a first LST! it can only get better.

7. Thanks SBM - The wire method works nicer than other methods I've used. Previously I had nylon string webbing just above the soil layer that I'd use as a basis for tying loops around. It got tedious as my plants grew. Good luck on your LST too bro

8. YEEEE GL TO U TOO! put up more photos so i can check back frequently! i say this cause im a photo whore and like to take a million photos at a time.