1st time indoor grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 420Eastside, Jul 23, 2015.

1. #1 420Eastside, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
    This is my 1st time growing I'm growing indoors in my closet to be exact. I need help i have a small grow tent which is 36x20x60in. I have a 400w cool tube with a duct fan blowing air in. I also have a carbon filter attached to a duct fan blowing air out of the tent. My duct fan power is 37w frequency is 60Hz and max temperature is 130c. My concerns are the temperature & humidity. My temperature stays around 80's and even up to 85F. My humidity stays around the 30's. This is really is a concern

Attached Files:

2. #2 gingerb, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
    Yep temps seems slightly high, you want to get them down to between 70 to 75f. Have you got ballast for your light inside your tent, they can heat a tent up pretty quick.

The air blowing into the cool tube, is the fan inside or outside the tent also? Can you take a photo of your tent/setup from just outside your closet? I think either your duct fans are powerful enough or something else is wrong. It could be the fan that is taking air out of the tent via carbon filter not being powerful enough.

Are you getting neg pressure, eg do the sides of your tent sort of pull in slightly when all your fans are running and you tent is zipped up?

3. I have a warehouse temp 75 thru 80 is ok but need more humidity is super important

4. I'm just now figuring this sorry guys.

5. Ok your air going in via your ducting is very close to your air going out via your carbon filter.
    So basically your almost pushing the hot air you've taken out via your carbon filter back in via the air going into your cool tube.

Also check how much in the way of air is coming out of the exit duct via your cool tube?

6. #6 gingerb, Jul 24, 2015
    Actually is the air on your cool tube coming in on the left side of ducting or the right side of ducting?

7. Ok so I'm sucking all the hot air back in that sucks! Should i attach more ducting into my cool tube air intake and stretch it to the floor? Or can u recommend a better way to set it up? I might have to get something more stronger than a duct fan to suck all that hot air out huh? I feel that the air intake on my cool tube is pushing hot air throughout the exit.
    And the air on my cool tube is coming on the right side(closest to my nutrients).

8. Can u also give me some tips on how to raise my humidity its low and i have no idea how to raise it.

9. #9 gingerb, Jul 24, 2015
    Yep you need a proper extractor fan, something like a 6" ruck attached to your carbon filter. Your current duct fan won't be able to pull air though the carbon filter.

I think your humidity will be fine, once you sort out your extractor fan.

10. Thanks I'll get an extractor fan as soon as i can