1st time growing outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by CRjunglelife, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Hey everyone,

I am a complete beginner on growing. I have decided to grow outdoors and have found an excellent location. I need help on what to do next.

Growing in tx/nm weather cond.

Strain: Black diesel

I have ordered femmed seeds and dont exactly know what to do next.

Need Help!! And Tips!!

2. Do you plan on growing in containers or inground? We need to know more to be of some help, I recommend to read as much as you can.

3. The original plan is to germ. and sprout in solo cups then after about 3" in height transport them to the ground. Just not sure what the best soil mix is or if I should even take that route?

4. bump

i'd like to know a good soil mix for outdoors too. i'm growing four plants now and i'll be transplanting outdoors after a few weeks.

5. [quote name='"markjonesss"']bump

i'd like to know a good soil mix for outdoors too. i'm growing four plants now and i'll be transplanting outdoors after a few weeks.[/quote]

your plants are gonna grow in any compost you put them in. fox farms is popular but literally almost all soil is good to use

6. I would suggest digging a hole about the same size as a ten gallon pot and back filling it with a mixture of peat moss, potting soil, and manure. Ive gotten good harvests using 60% potting soil, 25% peat moss, and 15% either chicken or cow manure. Be a good lad and buy organic, you'll thank me in the long run.

Anyway, buy all that and mix it up real well and back-fill your hole as soon as possible. The longer it sits, the better. Once your ready to transplant, put your baby directly into the hole and watch the magic happen.

It would also be prudent to buy yourself a ph meter if you can, they only cost about ten bucks and they're definitely worth it. Mj likes a ph between 6.5 and 7 and as long as it has that (as well as nutritious soil and lots of sunlight) it will grow big and strong.

oh and don't forget to pre-water your hole before transplanting!

Good Luck! hope this helps.

7. When would u suggest adding adments and nutes to my plants?

8. How bad of an impact is it going to have on my plants if the hole only sits for about a week?

9. Not to thread steal but should you be close to the plants? How often should you be visiting them?

10. it depends on the amount of manure you use. The time set apart for the soil to sit is to allow the concentrated salts within the manure to breakdown and dissapate, cuz if they are too strong they can actually burn your baby. If you dont have much time to let it sit (like a week) just use a smaller percentage of manure in your mix, like 10% or less. or you can use a less concentrated, prepackaged soil amendment (usually available at any garden store or nursery)

you can also choose to not to use manure at all to avoid any potential complications, but you'll probably have to feed them individually somewhere down the line.

11. Growing mj is just like growing any other sustenance. You have to put in hard work to get something in return that is good enough to consume.

the amount of time and care you choose to put into growing will dictate the quality and potency of your harvest.(there are other factors too but those are the most important, if you dont got that you dont got shit)