1st time growing how do these look?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Newtogame, Nov 29, 2016.

1. 18 days old ,trying to figure out why my leaves look weird have not started nutes yet watered 3 times so far and let dry out in between ph at 5.7 , using pro mix hp thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Yeah...they ARE ALIVE....but look a little rough....they are struggling FOR something....im guessing......strictly my opinion...but that PH is too low....i would suggest getting it to around 6.4....JUST ME

Oh yeah...and by the time my plants look as "grown up" as yours....they would have BEEN GETTING NUTES......I start nutes 5-10 days from breaking ground

3. Thanks for answering I'm brand new to this just watered today , showed the pics to buddy at the grow store and he thinks I have thrips so I sprayed today , I'm sure I'll get them dialed in , going to feed them nutes when they dry up

4. I'm guessing I should let them dry up for a few days before feeding or not?

5. AHHHH..could be.....pics arent "good enough" to REALLY tell.....for my experience level anyway....which is not to far north of nil.....but yeah.....between "tsking csre" of them and maybe giving some nutes.........hopefully theyll kick back stonger than ever

• Like Like x 1
  6. I looked at every leaf with a small magnifiying glass and could not see any bugs

7. Well you don't want to overwater....which has a tendency to happen with us novice growers....but you don't want it to "dry up" eother....I know thats not what you meant.....again....I PERSONALLY can't tell "how wet or dry" they are from the pics...but yeah....maybe give them another day to "dry out" and then hit them with a LIGHT watering of nutes....both light in the AMOUNT of nutes you give....and the AMOUNT of "nutrified water":lmafoe:

so when you mix your nutes in and are getting ready to water....don't water until "gallons" of water is runing off...just give them enough to SLOWLY work its way down to the bottom of the cup.....which brings me to my next point......do you plan on transplanting them to something bigger??

8. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND......they can be some "shady" MOFOS.....meaning they CAN BE VERY HARD to detect....EVEN TO THE "TRAINED" EYE.....

Not saying they are present in your grow....but not saying they aren't either.....have to have a GOOD EYE AND know what to look for

9. Yes I will be moving them up in a week to 1 gallon containers just hoping to get a good root ball going first , thanks so much for the replies it's easing my nerves lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don't even look like weed plants

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ya I fucked them up pretty good , they were in a dome up until 3 days ago and way too close to my light hope they bounce back , just put up sticky traps just in case it is thrip

12. They were under a dome up until 15 days after breaking ground??? what was the RH in there?? Im thinking NOW that a possibility or mold could be your issue.......JUST A THOUGHT

• Like Like x 1
  13. Haven't seen any mold yet thank god

14. I thought thrips at first too but thrips are kinda distinct and leave little white "freckles" on your leaves. Looks like dried spit. Spinosad and diatomaceous earth take care of them though.

Also, I'm not sure on the ailment. The plants just look fucked.

Do you have drainage holes at the bottom of your solo cups? If not, everytime you water it runoff just collects at the bottom going stagnant lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Yep lots of holes in bottom of cup lol not sure what I did wrong , probaly just loved them too much