1st time grower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fyah-mike, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Hi. I am growing for the 1st time. Not much just as an experiment to see if I can do it. I have 2 plants that are in the 4th week of flowering. They are about 3 1/2 feet tall. I have them in 5gallon buckets in a 2'x5' closet. I have 6 100watt florescent bulbs on them and I water them every5 days adding miracle grow every 3rd watering. They were bag seeds so I don't know the strain..they look healthy..what should I expect to yield? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Those fluorescent lights - Are they 100W equivalent or actual?

Really hard to guess yield.  Especially without a pictures or anything.  I won't even take a guess.

4. The bulbs are 100w equivalent. Sorry can't put pics up. They both have pretty big top colas. I had to stake one of them because it was top heavy. There's about a dozen other smaller buds forming on each plant. I also keep a fan blowing on them and linef the entire closet with aluminum foil.

5. So what f the actual wattage of fhe bulbs. U don't go by the equivalent

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. 23 actual watts

7. Get rid of foil it is no good fof plants. Pics would be nice thdn wd will tell u if they look good. Ic u had to stake top cola already doesn't sound to good to me

8. The top colas are pretty big. Why doesn't that sound good to u? Will get rid of foil. Thanks for that. The bulbs are 1600 lumens each. I vegetated them for about 6weeks. I cant upload pics. Sorry. But they definitely look healthy. They look similar to other grow pics I've seen online. Are the lights I'm using good enough?

9. Dude what's thr actual watts of bulbs not lumens

10. Sounds like she's streching for light.

11. I keep a light maybe an inch above the top cola so I don't think she's stretching for light

12. So u have 138watts need more for 2plants. I don't think that plant looks as good as u think

13. Need pics or can't help

14. I assumed that since they were 100watt equivalent that they were as good as 100 watts...I'll try to upload pics later..what's a decent amount of watts for 2 plants?

15. 150min more the better with cfls they don't penetrate much at all

16. Stop using miracle grow and get more lights. Get at least 2 40w 2700k and 2 40w 6500k

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. They been flowering for 4weeks. How much longer should I keep them flowering? Adding stronger lights today.

18. U keep flowering till she's ripe. Watch ur trichs with a loupe.

19. How long did it veg for? Clone or seed? For me to better estimate yield, flowering for 4 weeks most likely they will finish in 4-6 more weeks. Once you get near that inspect the trichomes for cloudy/amber and you know it's done.