1st time Grower, what I have to work with. ..Suggestions?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BoRNNSTaRR, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Ok, first time grower here. I have a closet I think could possible be perfect for cultivating a few plants at a time. I have SOME materials, I will post them. I'm really just looking for suggestions.

1. Hydroponic Watering System/Pot.
    2. Laser Thermometer/MeasuringCup/Staple Gun.
    3. 8 Outlet power strip, 4 of them are time controlled.
    4. 3x Clamp Lights.
    5. 3x 75 Watt Bulbs.

There is also a pic that shows kind of what room I have to work with.
    I will be growing Buddha White Dwarfs. Feminized,Autoflowering.

Sorry if this post is a little sloppy, as it's my first time posting.

Attached Files:

2. My seed has been germinating for about 12 hours now. Is yet to pop, let see how things go.
    I will be updating this, so if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it<3

3. Hope you don't use that staple gun on your plant ;)

Haven't seen that system before
    2 tier but I hope you only plan to use the main part right?
    What size reservoir does that have?

The laser thermometer is cool but a hygrometer would help you the most
    Don't forget to get something to test the PH with
    The cheap ph drop test is sufficient enough
    Oh yea and something to drop the seed in like rockwool or something like that

Keep us updated and good luck

4. Well I didn't know what to do. I thought just to place it on top of tier 1, in the grow cubes and lela stones until it got bigger. But what do you guys suggest I do? I've never grow, and I have no clue how to grow this. I was doing research on how to grow with soil, and then when my seeds got here I got this Hydroponic system also so I just decided this could possibly help produce a higher yield, in shorter amount of time.

What do you guys think I should do?

5. OK so you decided to use the first tier which is the best choice I can see for you
    What do you mean by "until it got bigger" do you plan on transplanting later?

Just like it shows you on the box is what I would have my set up looking like with the exception of the use of the second tier

How do they expect you to add nutrients in that system?
    You should read the instructions or maybe even get a link to it if you can find one and put it up so I or we can read ;)

Has your seed germinated yet?
    And don't be discouraged by the hydroponics, I too have used hydro for my grows and it is not as difficult as some people make it to be

Get back to us :wave:

6. #6 BoRNNSTaRR, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
    Thank you so much for helping me out with this, I really appreciate it.

I planned to set it up how the picture is on the box. And using the top of the tier 1 from seed until I eye it and it looks big enough to transplant it in the very top pot, where I hope for it to remain until harvest.

I'm not sure what you mean by links, links to the product?(The Hydro/Pot System)? If so: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/HyperGrow-93000-Hydroponic-Garden-Kit/dp/B002XZLHC0]Amazon.com: HyperGrow 93000 Hydroponic Garden Kit - Complete with Two Tier Planters, Water Pumping System, Growth Medium and Food Safe Nutrients: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

And I was going to do some research to see if those Nutrients are acceptable for growing this plant.

EDIT: Also, my seed is starting to crack:D

7. #7 Pastivity, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
    It not a problem, I am just trying to help ya figure this out
    Amazon has limited info unfortunately
    What do the instructions say you have to do with the nutrients?
    What are the values on the label say as far as Nitrogen,Micro nutrients etc?

Did you put it together yet?

Any more pics

Edit: Hope you got free shipping because the HomeDepot ships free

8. I just skimmed the instructions and it looks kinda cool how the nutrients flow out the top like a water fountain
    Then through the smaller holes for tier 2
    As far as PH goes you want it 5.5-6.5 with the middle being ideal
    They don't say anything about the nutrients values online