1st time grower needs some answers?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 1Xgrower, Nov 3, 2006.

1. ok guys i have a setup in my shed in the cabinet, inside i have all the walls insulated and a reflective material, over insulation. for lighting i have a 150 watt hps fixture about 15 inches from soil, i started all my seed in the soil to germinate, a week ago and still no plants, i put them about 3 inches down. Also i started with mirical grow moisture control potting mix. i have metal sheets on flooor with holes to prevent rotting of wood and for drainage. also a 1500 watt heater that keeps the cabinet which is pretty much sealed at around 75 to 83 degrees and between 30 and 60% humidity.
    and lastly i water the soil every day with 1.75 quarts of water containing 7 drops of 10-20-10 liquid plant food, and its about 5 or 6 inches deep with soil covering the entire floor, the cabinet is 42.5 sq feet, 3.5x3.5x3.5.

pictures to be uploaded soon but any comments or advice?

2. Hmmm Are you for real???

Burried three inches? Should have burried 1/4", so your seeds are too deep didn't make it. Water every day is a no-no as this causes root rot on sprouts. You want the air humid and the dirt dryish. Using any kind of ferts at all probaly just killed them off. Using ferts on sprouts is like giving a quart of whiskey to a baby. You most likely need to start all over. Good Luck tho.

150w HPS is smaller than I use but that may still be too strong for sprouts at 15"

3. oh ok, so should i just plant the seeds a 1/4 in down from now on, and not fertalize for how long? also when shoulkd i water?

4. Ok I am bored so I have time to kill hehe
    wet the soil first, put the seed in 1/4" deep or so and cover with dirt. Cover cup with seran wrap or dome to keep the humidity in. Leave alone for 48 hours. No watering or ferts. when you see the sprout, remove seran/wrap or dome. if no sprout in three days, water with a 1 tablespoon of water. Hope this helps :)

No ferts for atleast two weeks. as for watering, less is better...misting with a spray bottle works really well. a few mists a day will provide moisture. You want the soil dryish so the roots can get Oxygen and will grow.

5. Thanks, but as for the setup it sould work right? Also will a 150 watt hps be able to grow from seed to bud?

6. Yes, your setup is fine. 150 HPS shoud grow maybe two plants, definitelt nice for one though. I would just put the light at around 2 feet for sprouts maybe and lower it a few inches every day after the first real leaves show up. This is just a guess though as I use a 400w MH

7. just to fill in a bit, you need no light at all until the sprout breaks through the soil. this can help with keeping moisture in the area (if there is no light)

8. one more thing throw that mirical grow moisture control potting mix away and get normal poting mix with no added nutes or water control and mix your owen up with perlite and poting soil and if you want add peat moss to