1st time grower...need some help/answers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blayzed16, Jan 1, 2010.

1. hey all i just joined up a couple days ago grasscity! i'm thinking about starting to grow and i need some input. i've been thinkin about getting an aero garden pro. i have read that just building your own is gonna be better. i'll be growin indoors so what's gonna give me the best yield and healthier plant?

2. First grow i'd recommend a soil grow. Much more forgiving and very simple. I especially recommend soil if your trying to grow just a few plants for your stash.

Aerogardens are ok for what they are but you really want more control and a better environment than a tiny aerogarden provides. They are really small man. The footprint on the 7 pod system is about one or two square feet. You would probably be forced to grow autoflowering dwarf strains in an aeorgarden.

But if I had to go hydro i'd be looking at either a table top, bubble setup, or some other homemade ebb and flo system. Maybe a 20 gal storage container with 6 - 8 plants under 400 - 600 watts expecting to yield about a pound.

3. thanks thats good to know. i really don't wanna mess with autoflowering seeds. i'm aiming for white widow/ice grow. guess i'll be looking into that soil grow cause i only really want a couple plants to just smoke. any tips you guys have would be appreciated. thanks alot

4. Read, read and read some more. Start with the stickies and the grow journals. Everything you need to successfully grow is contained on this forum.

Plan your grow and grow your plan.

Good luck.

5. thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction.

6. Take heed of this advice, than once you thought you were all done reading...read some more.