1st time grow--outdoor guerilla grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cmiller16, May 7, 2013.

1. This is my first grow. I'm going guerilla style outdoors. I just received 50 KC 45 regular autoflowers, 10 Kerala x skunk #1, 5 pineapple chunk fem, 3 sweet skunk auto fem, 3 critical rapido auto fem, 3 critical sensi star fem, 2 green love potion fem, and 1 afghan kush fem. Beans are going into germination tonight, in a wet paper towel inside Tupperware container for approximately 60 hours.

Attached Files:

2. After 36 hours, I moved the seeds to a warmer locale on top of the water heater. Great results. 18 hours later, 60 hours total, 50% have popped and grown a tap root, 25% have cracked the shell, 25% still nothing. So far so good. Letting them get an additional 18 hours on the water heater. Critical rapido exploded out of the shell, 1 inch taproot. Going to the jiffy pot seed starter greenhouse tomorrow with a few of her friends.

3. #3 JaNicPin, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013

4. why so many kc45? what Ive read about it didnt seem good - the breeder says its autoflowering, but growers say it isnt

5. Kc 45 was super cheap. And not feminized so I can make my own seeds. I got 50 autoflower seeds for about 70 bucks USD. Reviews weren't terrible, and I figured with 50 seeds at 50% germination rate and 50% lost to males, you are left with 12-13 female plants minus a few that possibly die or get sick. Averages out to around 7 bucks cost on my end per plant, not to bad.

6. After 60 hours in the paper towels, I checked to see some results if any. On average, after 60 hours, 65% had cracked their shells and grown roots. Critical Rapido's were 2/3 and very long roots, one of the kc45 had a root go more than inch, although the average length was a few millimeters for the lot. Pineapple Chunk was only 1/5, kind of disappointing considering their price. All of the seeds were moved to jiffy seed starter xl self watering greenhouses. Hopefully the remaining 20-25 unpopped seeds will crack and do something, as of now, my number of plants is down to about 50. After I cull the males, beat case scenario, I'm looking at about 35 female plants remaining. It's almost time to put the guerilla boots on and do some digging. I plan on letting the little sprouts outside in the next couple of days when it warms up.

7. yeah its pretty mean that most (decent) autos are only sold as feminized... the relation of seed price to end product is absurd compared to photo strains. gotta find an ok inbred auto strain available as regular seeds

edit: dont use automatic watering systems. cannabis does not liek to be kept wet, it should dry out thoroughly between waterings.

8. Here's some pics. Nothing sexy, just some dirt and mud.

Attached Files:

9. Nice advice. The domes are coming off as soon as they are ready to go outdoors in about 4-5 days. Just keeping the soil moist and humid. Still have 20-25 seeds yet to crack. I'm not planning on this being the prettiest grow ever, just want to learn and test my capabilities. I like the ease of the jiffy xl pellets, they are easy to use and transport.