1st journal - Cab/CFL/Soil/Bagseed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PhL0aTeR, Jan 26, 2009.

1. My last video.... I just moved this grow into my Laundry Room and my cam is not wireless....:(

I was still getting that hang of the spacing between the screenshots, so theres 6 days in the first 50 seconds, then it speeds up but is kinda lame cuz i would move the plants around so they all got even light in the cab...... oh well.... enjoy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XETrXK9cysI[/ame]

2. Dude. Seriously. That vid was off the chain. I predict if you keep doing and improving that by the end of this grow you'll have your own sticky on this.

Please keep doing this.

3. much appreciate props man, however i see a few more that should be stickied before mine... im happy just to have a place to share information :hello:

4. ! That video was some trippy shit! Dem plants looked like they were dancing lol
    Grow lookin good :D

5. i think time lapse in nature is so cool, i was trying to replicate it.... i think the dancing was caused by the random position the fan causes the plants to be in during that screen shot.... lol.... not exactly what i was going for, but at least i saw them growing!

6. If you ARENT following any of my other main threads located in my sig, i urge you to check out my Laundry Room thread, as I am moving my grow from the cab... I'll still keep the journal here though.

For everyone else.... good job keepin up:D:wave:

7. well ill be movin over there then =]

8. #28 PhL0aTeR, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
    Ive had them in the new place for the last couple days, decided to take them out and water em tonight.

First, in case you didnt step over to my Laundry Room thread, here are the new digs, which im working on....

[​IMG]
    And here are the pics of the toddlers :smoke:

#5 has surpassed #1 in growth, and #6 is still kinda hangin in there growin at its own pace....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Hey!

Looks like you've been doing a lot in the past few weeks. I like the changes!

The growth looks awesome thus far. The internodes are short and the foliage quickly developing.

10. they are looking much better since you got them out of those peat pots... bet you wont do that again

any updates, how are they doing

11. my last update was yesterday, hold your horses..... LOL... i soaked em yesterday, they went a good couple days with being fairly dry.... i think in the next couple weeks they will be transplanted to a larger pot. I was thinking 1.5 gal pots but im gonna go ahead and see about getting some 5 gal buckets or the like.

12. lol.. sorry about that, didt look at the post dates :smoking:

I would just go up to the 5 gal pots... why deal with the hassle and any transplant stress issues. I have mine in 5gal depot buckets w/ an air base in the bottom. I drilled the hell out of the bottom and around the base,on the sides for drainage.

http://www.directroot.com/shopexd.asp?id=18

I think next time I will use 5 gal square pots... better use of my space

13. its all good, givin ya shit.... lol

yeah, my chick works at a petstore, so i tasked her with helping me find the square ones, plus my buddy has a couple cats so if i can score 3 of those old litter buckets, then im golden......

As far as drainage with the bigger pots, i just kinda figured i would use a 2" bed of rocks covered in dense screen.... thoughts?

did you drill your 5 gallon buckets so the water would drain out as well? what are they draining in?

14. drilled the buckets witha 1/4" bit, put a ton of holes in it... glad the bottom hasnt dropped out. The airbase leaves about a 1" air space under the roots . But the rocks would work fine for drainage, just make sure they are sterile.

I found a metal adjustable shoe rack in the trash that I keep my buckets on, this allows me to slide a pan under them to catch any runoff.

The cat litter buckets should be perfect, might be three gallon but that should be ok

15. what happend to that one thats all yellow at the bottom? it lose a fight or somethin?
    or is it one of those..you shoulda seen the other guy!? ha

16. #37 PhL0aTeR, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    try and keep up.... i spoke on this in earlier posts.

it developed some discoloration when it first started growing.... so far the rest looks ok, but the smaller one is #6 which germed a good 10 days after the first one did. although #5 is now the biggest, surpassing #1, so who knows? i tried to post up in the sick plants section but i didnt get much help there. im just hoping for the best

17. Well, i got a few presents from the brown santa today....

[​IMG]

This is OBVIOUSLY no longer a CFL grow... they are on 24/7 400W MH with the reflector about 9" above the plant tops, but temps are a bit high for my taste so im going to bump it back up to 11"ish

This is what the closet looks like right now, unfortunately i didnt get the exhaust hooked up, and obviously i did not measure the damn hood because i wont have enough room to hook up the "through light" exhaust unless i have it hanging diagonally, which i will investigate further when i get my mylar and can filter in.

[​IMG]

And as usual.... a shot of the kids....

[​IMG]

Till next time.... :smoke:

18. Looking great man!!! Keep up with the updates!!!!:D those girls are looking goreous!!!...:smoke:

19. those plants look very good. Sorry to hear about your babies that died. I was wondering what soil are you using and what light are you using?