1st Hydro Grow - getting closer to harvest and have questions...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Xippper, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Title is self explanatory. Here are my question(s):

When growing in soil, I generally flush about 14 days before harvest. Is there an equivalent procedure that should be done with hydro? Should I drop the nutrient level or completely eliminate nutes prior to harvest?

If I should be dropping nute level... by how much? 50% of normal levels? 25% of normal levels? (I am using the Lucas Formula)

How many days before harvest should I be doing this? 14 days like with soil?

Or... am I completely off-base thinking there should be some sort of flush procedure. Do I just continue with full strength nutes (Lucas Formula) right up until harvest?

Thanks in advance for assistance provided!

X

2. Flush 7 days before.

3. As in stop nutrients 7 days before?
    I'm guessing you mean drain the nute solution and replace with pH adjusted water?

X

4. last week before harvest is usually the rule of thumb. but if your using clearex or florakleen (salt leaching solutions) your can flush in2-3 days. i feel more comfortable 7 days. less chemi with straight ph'd water

5. I flush with FloraKleen 3 days before harvest. I use 5 gallon drip buckets and I let the pump run all day. After about 12 hrs, I leach with a lot of distillied water to get everything out then feed with 250ppm formula.

This works great and I can't taste any nutes. I have tried 7 days before but I think it is a waste. They could grow more with a full dose of food for those extra days.