1st grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Demonikforce420, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Posted before on absolute beginner for help, and it went very well with the lot guy's help. I wanted to start a grow journal, and share my first grow somewhere. Not expecting g loads of responses from people all the time, but if anyone wants to chime in with anything, please feel free. I'm taking in all suggestions, but if I don't follow through on someone's, I'm not being an ass lol. After reading through many of these forums, I've come to learn everyone has their way of doing things, and it might not mesh with someone else's, but I'm new, and want to hear any and all thoughts from anyone who offers their thoughts. I'm on day 10 since they popped out of the peat pellet (I don't want to use again). Here's setup:
    3x3 grow tent
    6" exhaust setup
    400watt MH
    Temp around 25c on 21.5c off
    Humidity between 55-60% lights on 65-70% lights off
    20/4hr cycle
    3 gallon containers now(other post explains why).
    FFHappy Frog
    No nutrients yet
    pH around 6.5 now
    Clip on fan using with half submerged water and hanger for humidity and AC cooling
    Heater
    3 White widow feminized
    Will be doing ScrOG
    I might be forgetting stuff as well

IMG_20180829_190056.jpg IMG_20180829_165004.jpg MVIMG_20180829_165021.jpg IMG_20180829_185540.jpg MVIMG_20180829_185556.jpg IMG_20180829_185549.jpg IMG_20180829_165852.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 8
  2. Hell yes! You're going about things the right way, man. Pick what works for you and ditch the rest. No disrespect in that. Sometimes what works for you ends up being the fact that you will make mistakes and learn from them. Welcome to the awesome world of growing a plant that has an exceptionally symbiotic bond with humanity, friend.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  3. Here's day 11 since they popped up. Second day I've decided not to water. Looks pretty dry on top, but my moisture metre is saying moist in the green about halfway down, on all three pots. At the very bottom of the smart pot was reading wet, so one more day without water. Besides that, I must of over watered. Because yesterday I didn't water for first time, and they've perked right up today. Comparing that to yesterday's looks. IMG_20180830_162146.jpg IMG_20180830_162131.jpg IMG_20180830_162119.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Day 12. Needed to add some water after 2 days of no watering. I don't think these look half bad for my first grow. IMG_20180831_171534.jpg IMG_20180831_171527.jpg IMG_20180831_171521.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Im new to this, but you are Off to a great start my friend. Looking very healthy and have a nice setup

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thank you! I got real nervous in the beginning, like any noob, but just check on them daily, and use some guess work lol. Watering is number 1 for me to figure out. How to use and when to do it. I watered at least a little every day the first week, but when I started trusting my moisture metre, I left them alone for 2 days with no water, but checking moisture level every day still. Thanks for the post mate.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I have done a ton of research and most seasoned growers say the number 1 mistake from new growers is over watering. I may be guilty of this but so far mine are doing OK.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Fk Yeah!!!
    thumb.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Those are beautiful, are those Autos? I cant believe some of the growth I have been seeing out of guys on here. Mine are 18 days old and nothing near those monsters

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. No I’ve never tried autos, the 1 white widow is a photo seed, the others I have are all animal cookie clones, do you use fabric smart pots?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Those things look awesome my friend, cant believe the growth but I am new to this. You just caused me to make a thread seeking opinions
    How do these look for being 18 days Old?
    I am using regular 3 gallon pots but I really wish I wouldve went with fabric pots. They seem to be much better for airflow and helping with any watering issues people are having

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. This is actually only my second grow but for my first I had the same 3 gallon plastic pots and they grew slow compared to with the fabric pots, highly recommend them

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. You're doing very well for just starting! Keep listening to your plants. I don't trust a meter, good old finger test and pick it up, but it looks like it works great for you. Keep updating. I'm gonna sub

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Awesome, tomorrow is 2 weeks since sprouted for me, and loving every day to see how they've progressed. Those look lovely, and I'm definitely looking forward to mine getting bigger!

16. Thanks, I'm not a huge fan of the meter I have for pH readings, but for soil moisture, it's been useful for me. To each his own right. I'm mostly using it since I had to transplant at 7 days old into 3 gallon fabric pots. They were germinated in peat pellets, and I hate them now lmao. Being so small, and in 3 gallon fabric pots, I'm trying to rely on that meter so I don't wet the whole pot with such a tiny plant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. How's everyone doing today? Day 13, and still doing ok. No watering today, but I think tomorrow will most likely need some in each pot. I have lowered my lights today slightly. I didn't realise the lights were about 20" from the tops of the plants, and I have read that's is a bit to far. If anyone disagrees. Let me know, and explain so I understand why lol. I don't think stretching is any issue. They're only 2.5" tall. Which seems ok for their age, I think. Later to everyone. IMG_20180901_175011.jpg IMG_20180901_175018.jpg IMG_20180901_175028.jpg IMG_20180901_175243.jpg IMG_20180901_180234_682.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hold your hand below your light, move your hand away until it's not uncomfortably hot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. They're looking beautiful btw

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Right now they're 14" from canopy. Ballast is set at 50% for now. Once I see 7 finger leaves, I was going to crank to100 on the ballast to start vegetative phase. Hopefully seems reasonable to do but someone correct me. If that's a bad idea.

• Like Like x 2