1st Grow Update: How Am I Doing So Far?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iximindtrickixi, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Hey GC!!!
    Just putting up an update of my plants
    [​IMG]
    They are about 3 1/2 Weeks old, all are bagseeds, thats a picture of me taking my babies outside for a stroll :D

- This is Smokey, he started out rather slow but is really picking things up.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

-This is Mary, Mary is my biggest plant rite now, she has some yellowing leaves due to a lack of water early in the childhood, but recovered fine and is doing great, I just started step 1 of LST on her too as you can see. I drilled some holes in the side of the pots, and used plastic covered twist ties to secure the plant.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

-Last but not least is Jane, she was severley burned early due to bad ventilation and lights being too close, I clipped off the yellow dried up parts and she seems to be recovering fine, the new top leafs are pretty light green :hello:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Well there they are :D lemme know what you guys think.

2. very nice. man i love this site. what soil are you using? kinda looks like my mystery soil.

3. its a Seed-Starter Soil mixed with an Enriched Potting Soil

4. are you planning on using this soil throughout? or is it recommended to transplant

5. dont know if its reccomended, but I will use it all the way through.

6. I wouldnt use it all the way through. Looks like its burning your plantes up.

7. thats not the soil, back when the plkants where about a week old, I went away for a couple of days, and when I came back the plants were sitting in completeley dry soil and the bulbs waaay too close. I pulled the lights back a bit and watered the plants... they all seemed to recover fast but 1, and shes getting there too :smoking:

8. Lay of the water mate, they look overwatered.

If you transplant into fresh soil and a fresh pot (Which you need to as it looks like a bucket, which has no drianage) Weigh the pot by hand and you know when the plant needs watering.,,

Explanation...
    The pots weight after transplant is without water, when wattered the pots allot heavier.

Your plant should look allot beter after 4-5 days.

:D

9. ok I guess Ill run out to Lowes get some new pots and soil... anything else I should pick up while im there? plants look ilike they need anything?

thanx a bunch for the advice and comments guys.... really appreciate it, I had no idea what was going wrong even thought I can see something was off. :yay:

10. k so I went out and got some new plastic pots, 2 bags of Miracle-Grow brand potting soil (same stuff a buddy of mine uses for a more comercial set-up) and 2 more 100 watt CFLS (for a total of 8 now. My camera is charging rite now so ill put up pics in the morning, but the plants look alot healthier and happier, all are LST'd now and I cut the dried leaves off of "Jane" as soon as I saw new leafets comming up from the sides of the old branch. I also trimmed the tops of 2 of them (forgot what the correct term is) to allow them to expand more sideways and stun their growth a bit ( I keep my bitches trained;) )