1st grow thoughts?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by potatoface, Jun 12, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Do you have the pot laying sideways?

2. Looks nice an healthy. But yeah, whats with the pot?

3. To get the most off each plant, light and plant need to be as close as possible. If you've got your plant laid over to keep it from stretching, that's a good indicator your light might be too far away from the plant. You can also just take a piece of string and tie the dominant shoot down to the side of the pot a bit to keep it out of the light. We put tomato cages over ours when they go into flower...not necessarily to support the plant, but to have something to tie to. You'll always have one or two shoots that will be dominant and will stretcher further than the rest. Just take a piece of twine or jute string and gently pull it down toward the pot and then set your pot back up light it should be. These suckers are hardy as heck. Yours looks very nice and healthy too....great job by the way. Don't be afraid of your light though. That is THE most important piece of equipment in your grow. Having it far away is robbing you of weight at harvest time. LEDs burn a tad hotter to plants than other lighting, but you definitely need to figure out what the closest height your plant can handle is and get it down closer so your buds will get dense and drippy with resin...what we're all shooting for. Best of luck with your plant. Great job so far!! TWW

4. Are you doing a rotisserie style plant? I'm confused but I can see this working.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

5. Yeah i can see it working too. Its like the lazy mans LST haha i bet watering is a pain though

6. Haha that's exactly what I mean every week just flip the plant over until you literally have a pine tree looking mj plant with even tops all around lmao, And then hang ornaments off of it and put some presents under it, bingo! Christmas comes early

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I have 2 mj trees growing! :)

8. 555

You guys are great.

You got me rolling.

At work now will explain all when I get home but the pot is at a 45 degree angle

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. So...

This girl popped up in my planter outside my front door. So I literally scooped her up with my hand and put her in a drainless container with some rocks under the soils to make a drain space. Under some t5's 6500k.

I decided if it survived a week I would invest some money.

10. Then I ordered a tent bought some fox farm soil a pot and transplanted her. A friend donated a 125w cfl he used on a grow.

She wasn't growing as I had wished at this point. I had a 2 week vacation planned and wasn't hopeful she was really going to survive. I left my roommate in charge of feeding and thought he might drop the ball so I went on vacay worry free thinking I would start a new plant or several when I return home

11. Not a bad looking plant for a random, congrats. Keep it up and see what you get. I'd put some holes in your pot though with a pot saucer under it. You need to water/feed till you have some run off. That way the soil is tota)y saturated but not holding too much. Soaked for too long will start to rot your roots. Also thats how you flush your soil. Water till the run off starts getting clear(ish-er). Good luck man, keep us posted. My first grow is coming to and end, harvest time is this Thursday. Sour Diesel in the first pic and Crystal in the second

Attached Files:

12. Needless to say he did a great job and she was very healthy when I returned home.

I started reading more into techniques and grow methods at this point and decided I wanted to do some LST so I pulled the main down and attached to a pole. I also pulled down the larger stems to allow more light to penetrate below the canopy. I also dropped the cfl from directly above the plant to focusing the light more "inside" instead of the canopy (it was very close one leaf got burned, oops). All this time inside she was on 18/6, one week prior to flower I moved to 24/0.

For flower (12/12) I switched over to a 150w hps that my fiend also donated. I went to the store to get some nutes (general organics) and someone said I should continue to run my cfl as well during flower so I put that light back into the mix.

Then I went to another friends place that just harvested not to long ago I wasn't even aware that he had plants and he gave me a 300w LED not sure of brand.

Regardless I wanted to add that to the mix as well and don't have many ways to hang lights at the moment so I have created a curved lighting style.

After a few days I decided to lean her backwards to provide more even light across my new canopy.

Basically a makeshift style incorporating ideas from scrog, LST, and my general lack of sanity.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The new pot has holes and when she was vertical she was on a drain pan. Now while she is leaning I have her in a Walmart hand basket and a trash bag wrapped around to catch runoff( I always have run off when feeding) I just use random amounts of nutes during my week with a max amount predeclared for the week. My tent will stay open while I am home and temps stay around 86-94. When closed they reach up to 104, I know these are high temps but I don't have any cooling system yet.

14. Im using 2 free standing air conditioners in my room, both on timers. Day is 78F and night is 68F. Also have 2 humidifiers, each sharing a timer with an AC unit. Took some work to get them set right per each unit but it stays right around 45-50% humidity at all times. My girls love it

15. today i flushed ph was around 5-6 in the soil water runs freely through my soil always have runoff

i also lowered my lights - or moved closer depending on location. will monitor over next few days to make sure i don't burn her.

16. Your ph should be closer to 7, depending on strain 6.5-7, some like a little higher... 6.8 to 7.3. Someone correct me if Im wrong though

17. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did some more LST, and sat the pot upright.

I had a feeling I had my lights appropriately placed to prevent burn originally.

I was right looks like some light burn and a little nute burn due to experimental grow.

Next grow will be better journaled and controlled.

18. He's in soil so between 6&7. 6.3-6.7 is a better scale.