1st grow Light cant go higher and tips of leaves burning what to do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by myeden420, Jul 14, 2019.

1. hey guys so I am on my first grow and well I am stuck between a rock and a hard place....basicly the light is just burning the tips of the leaves...I cant lift the light any farther away and well looking back I should have kept tieing them down longer than I did. I really don't see how its possible to tie it now any more the stems are really thick and she has started to flower and build buds nicely tricombs appeared about a week ago give or take....so I am not sure what I should do....I have had them on a 20-4 ratio for lights on and off....I am wondering if I should drop it down and maybe leave the light on for 18 hours a day instead of 20? or even less? or maybe instead of 20 on 4 off maybe 10 on 2 off 10 on 2 off ect… OH and its a auto flower so I don't think the light schedule is as important? just kinda stuck on what to do here?? ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

2. Try 18/6

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

3. If they are flowering it should be around 12 hours of light, 12 hours of darkness. Unless they are auto-flowers, right? Then towards the middle of flowering you could make the days shorter like outdoors in the fall. Could also take clones of the tops if possible to get the height controlled.

4. can you dim the light?

5. Emergency super crop try bending or tying down but BE GENTLE