1st Grow Home-Made Box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by RandleStoner, Mar 3, 2012.

1. I made this box mainly out of 3/4 inch plywood. All sealed up.
    The dimensions are 22"x14"x15"
    I have four 23 watt 6500K bulbs for veg.
    I'm experimenting with my first grow so I decided to start with one plant, though I germinated 2 seeds for better odds. As you can see one of the seeds has germinated :) I'm pretty excited.

DSCF0784.JPG

DSCF0785.JPG

DSCF0789.JPG

seed.jpg

2. ur gonna need more light

3. It should be fine for one plant. I did lots of research on this and according to the articles, books, and magazines I read, not to mention all the growing threads I've seen here on GrassCity, around 100 watts for one plant is good. I understand it would be better if I had more lights. More lighting = bigger yield, but I'm just experimenting. If I have lighting problems in a few days then I might add more.

4. Yeh dude for that space what you got lighting wise is fine , its basically the size of a computer tower n moajority are running just over or undef 100 watts of clf lights with awesome results ! Good luck :)

5. Thanks!

6. looks good man, im sure you'll do alright with those lights... although more is better haha. do you know what strain the seeds are or are they bagseeds? -subbed

7. It's a Cali Gold seed. It's definitely in my top ten for my favorite strains I've tried

8. #8 RandleStoner, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    Day 1 - She's sprouted! :)

sprout.jpg

9. #9 RandleStoner, Mar 4, 2012
    Day 2 - Not much changed. Came up a little bit more. She's looking good though

DSCF0794.JPG

DSCF0797.JPG

10. More pictures.

DSCF0798.JPG

DSCF0800.JPG

11. Looking good man, my seeds just left for shipping earlier today. I'll be sure to keep up with your grow, and maybe you can check mine out when I get going.
    -subbed'

12. Thanks man, I'll be sure to check yours out :)

13. #13 RandleStoner, Mar 6, 2012
    Day 3 - Little tiny leaves :D

DSCF0804.JPG

DSCF0810.JPG

14. #14 RandleStoner, Mar 7, 2012
    Day 4 - She's getting a little bigger. I feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread, someone give me some input or comments. Much appreciated :smoke:

DSCF0820.JPG

DSCF0822.JPG

15. Nice little setup you got there.
    Are you going to LST ? Cali Gold is yummy.

Sub'd

16. I think so. I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to LST. Any tips on it? Only thing I know about it is you tie branches down to spread them out, right?

17. Hrre is a pic of one of mu Bubba Kush gals. I didn't tie it down until it was already a week Into flower, though.

ForumRunner_20120307_125726.png

Here is a diagram of an LST style that I will be trying my next go around.

ForumRunner_20120307_130708.png

LST, light stress training is recommended for smaller enosures, also, SCROG is a goodd way to go.

18. Nice set up. Seems simple enough for me to do it.

19. #19 RandleStoner, Mar 8, 2012
    Day 5 - Still looking good. Temperature is running a little bit high, about 80-81F. I had the door open for about an hour and it went down some.
    and one question, is it good to spray a little bit of water on the leaves?
    I wasn't sure so I haven't been doing it.

DSCF0834.JPG

20. [quote name='"RandleStoner"']Day 5 - Still looking good. Temperature is running a little bit high, about 80-81F. I had the door open for about an hour and it went down some.
    and one question, is it good to spray a little bit of water on the leaves?
    I wasn't sure so I haven't been doing it.

[/quote]

Look at the directions on your nutrient container. It will usually give you a mix ratio for folier applications. I spray my plants twice a week. Monday I use my nute mix, Tuesday I use O2 enriched RO water to "rinse" off any nutrient residue.