1st Grow: FS ICE and Bagseed [400w HPS/MH]

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by The Pen, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Your clones look MUCH nicer than mine do at about a week so it could be worse!

I think anything above 50% for a new cloner is a success!
    (someday I hope to make it beyond "new grower" but I am still a few grows away)

:)

It's my second round of clones off of two mothers (clones themselves) 6 outta ALOT made it that time and they didn't look any better than yours do now, so don't sweat it...

2. I'm going to water one of the hazes today. Should I be giving it a small dose of Tiger Bloom, or is it still to early?

Attached Files:

3. Something I forgot to mention on the last post:

The Ice plants still look yellow compared to the hazes. I don't understand what could be causing this as I havent fed them nutes in awhile, and the ph tests at 6.5.

Could it be a deficiency of something?

Well, anyway I fed one of the hazes with a quarter dose of Tiger Bloom.

Imput is appreciated!

4. I'll be starting my second grow journal using ICE plants as well. I'm about a week into flower, and about day 40 overall. Anyway, I've fed all plants the same amount of nutes and it seems my 3 ICE ladies are a little lighter green (not yellow) than the others. I think it's the nute level, and imo, perhaps ICE plants can take a little higher dosages. I'll probably use extra Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom next watering on those plants and I expect them to turn darker green. If it works, you may want to try the same thing.

Good luck.

5. Update:

I like how everything is going with the SSH plants, but I'm still worried about the Ice. My soil ph meter says that the soil is at 6.5. I cant tell if the paleness is a nute problem, or just a deficiency of something like nitrogen.

The clones are continuing to look healthy (all 3 of the Ice cuttings look like they should make it).

I would really like some input on what the problem with the Ice might be. I got some better pics this time without that obnoxious HPS lamp shining on the plants.

Pics:

1. Group shot
    2. SSH #2
    3. Ice #1
    4. SSH #1
    5. Ice #2

Attached Files:

6. And one more of the clones:

-and the rest of the update is on page 7

Attached Files:

7. I think a nitro deficiency is a nute problem.
    I also think yellowing leaves at the bottom of a plant during vegging with correct pH is likely a nitro deficiency.
    So yeah, a nute problem.;)

8. are you growin them regs??????????

9. Update:

Everything is looking pretty good with the Hazes still, but the Ices are still pretty pale. I gave one of the Ice a small dose of Tiger Bloom, so hopefully that will green things up a bit.

I'm annoyed by this Light Warrior soil because it holds water for so long that I wasn't able to fertilize the Ice for quite some time. (I hope this isn't a problem with the plants!)

The flowers are coming along nicely!

Attached Files:

10. Still looking good today!

*bump*

11. Update:

I haven't posted in a while, but everything is looking pretty good. The Ice plants are both still pale in comparison to the hazes, but I really have no idea how to fix this.

I'm about 2 weeks into flowering right now?

What do you think?

1. SSH
    2. SSH
    3. ICE
    4. Both SSH
    5. Both ICE

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      49.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      40.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      50.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      73.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      63.3 KB
      Views:
  12. WoW.

I've been looking around to find out some tips on ICE. Someone suggested I might be growing the same.

My plants are out of bag seed.

This is a great journal and a sweet grow.:hello:

Lovely looking ladies:D

One question - have you always watered your pots once a week and watered them enough for it to run thro.
    I don't know whether to change from watering once a day a couple of cups - to - once a week, with a good amount. :eek:

13. The plants look great. It's hard to see the yellow you're talking about, but the only things I think could be causing it, imo in your situation, is nute def., possibly caused by low pH. If pH is low, don't add no more nutes 'till you fix it. If pH is correct, the Tiger Bloom should do the trick.

But I think all looks good. My Ice's are a week or so behind yours.

14. Thanks Matrix

I have a soil ph meter that reads around 6.4, so I was inclined to think that it wasnt low ph.

I've been wanting to add more nutes but the ICE pots dry out very slow in comparison to the hazes. Lightwarrior soil seems to hold water very well.

One thing I've been wondering about is if I should be trimming the lower buds in order to promote larger growth on the canopy. Any opinions on this?

15. Is it possible, if you leave the pots to dry out too much, the nutes will burn the roots.:(

16. Its best to water less often and with more water. You should always have some run-off if you properly water.

Your second Q is also no, without water/moisture, nutrients are not absorbed by the plant.

17. = A little update for today =

The buds are continuing to get bigger, and the trichomes are really starting to appear.

I know I asked this before, but I don't think anyone replied, so:

Does anyone think it would be wise to cut off the lower buds right now to promote more growth on top? I'm a little over 3 weeks into flowering right now.

Any ball park estimates on what I might pull off any of these plants? less/more than an oz?

Thanks for the input!

Pics:

1. SSH
    2. SSH
    3. SSH
    4. SSH
    5. One of the group

Attached Files:

18. So, as far as I can tell right now, I was able to get 6 out of 6 cuttings to root themselves in Ocean Forest soil with Clonex rooting gel. I transplanted one of them into a small pot (SSH clone), and I have it under a 23w CFL.

I know I probably need more light on it, but how much more? What I was hoping to do was set up a small cabinet chamber for the 6 young clones, and then pick maybe the 4 strongest to continue.

Any opinions on the buds so far? I really have no idea what to be expecting!
    The growbox for the clones would not really be designed to promote vigorous growth, but more to just keep them alive until I can throw them back under the 400w MH after the current crop is harvested.

I was think of hanging 4 23w CFLs in the growbox for lighting. Now, would that be enough light to keep the 6 clones alive after being transplanted into the small pots? Again, I don't want them to grow out of control, just keep them alive until there's space under the big light. :)

19. Anyone? I could really use some advice on setting up the small growbox for the clones.