1st Grow: FS ICE and Bagseed [400w HPS/MH]

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by The Pen, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Your plants are looking Great!

For the Ice's I would recommend a larger pot along with some nutes next watering.

They look like they may be lacking in Nitrogen, 1 more so than 2 but you can still

see it coming on, JMO.

How much vertical space do you Have? Remember during 12/12 your plant will

increase in size by at Least 50%+. Keep that in mind :smoking:

2. Thanks for the imput DOC. I have quite a bit of vertical space to work with so I don't think that will be a problem.

Today I noticed some white blotches on a few of the leaves on Ice #2. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I'll try to get some close-up pics up soon.

3. white blotches?? Where on the leaf?

4. Update:

I just transplanted all four plants into 5 gallon pots. (not sure if this was a great idea with the clones).

The clones went into a new pot of Ocean Forest soil and both of the Ice are now in Light Warrior.

I thought I would hold off the nutes for a little bit since the Light Warrior has a decent amount of food in it. Does this sound like a good idea?

The white blotches are on the large lower fan leaves of Ice #2.

Pics:

1. Ice #2
    2. Ice #2 (leaf close up)
    3. Ice #2 (leaf close up)
    4. Group shot

Attached Files:

5. Nothing to worry about, its caused from nutes being splashed on it and holding off on the nutes is probably a good idea as I see just the smallest bit of tip burn.

6. Update:

The plants seem to be liking their new pots. Both of the SSH plants are looking pretty good after some LST I did on them. I also gave them their 1st 1/4 dose of Grow Big yesterday, and so far no signs of instant death. :)

I think I may have been under-watering both of the Ice, so I gave them both enough water today to allow about 15% runoff. Next watering I'll probably go with a half dose of Grow Big and Big Bloom.

How much longer do you guys think I should let them go before going to 12/12. Height isn't really a problem (they could be up to about 5.5 feet). I'm just trying to keep it a good size for a 400w lamp.

Comments/Suggestions?

Pics:
    1. Ice #2
    2. Ice #1
    3. SSH #1
    4. SSH #2
    5. Group shot

Attached Files:

7. Update:

I'm pretty sure that Ice #1 has showed its sex (female). I'll try to get some pictures up a little later.

8. If you want, you could start flowering now. Your in control!!

looking good too

9. Looking good man. Hopefully Ice will treat us both well!

10. I'm just trying gauge how big I should let them get before I switch to 12/12 if I want to get a nice yield.

Cyric99:

It will be interesting to see how Femaleseeds Ice compares to Nirvana's Ice. Good luck!

11. I think if you were to flower right now, you would still get a nice ass yield.

Lately, I've read alot of stuff about gypsy nirvana's genetics not bein so great.

I will def be checkin in on this grow daily.

12. Update:

Hi all

I've been giving the plants feedings on a once a week basis lately, and they
    are still growing which makes me happy.

The haze plants are looking really nice and green. The Ice plants also look
    pretty good after I clipped some of the dead leaves off the bottom of the main stem.
    I'm a little concerned that they are so much lighter in color than the haze, but growth
    seems good still.

I'm considering the possibility of taking clones of both strains just to have something
    else on hand to start up again. Would this be the right time take a few?

I also want to yield a good amount per plant. I've never done this before so I don't
    know what to expect, but 1-2 oz per plant would keep me fairly happy. If I want
    to obtain this should I be holding off before putting the girls into flower?

Imput is great!

>Pics<

1. Ice #1
    2. Ice #2
    3. SSH #1
    4. SSH #2
    5. Group shot

Attached Files:

13. Hallo m8. congratulations on progress.
    Your sativas are lookinh healthy, but it seems that ice plants have minor problem.
    Did you check ph? What was the reading.
    If I was to gues whats up I would probably risk saying it could be to acidy,but it is a guess.
    I like to watch minor troubles as it is good opportunity to learn.
    Maybe they do not get enough nitrogen, or can't digest it. It could explain them beeing bit 'pale'?

14. Yeah. I just looked through your Journall, and it seem they looking better since you started feeding them.
    You can flower now or wait till they start sexing and do it when you now where you are. You should end up with hopefully at least two fems so they could grow a bit more to ensure good yeald. Week maybe two more will be enough.

15. Well I'm sure that they are all female (both Ices are female seeds and they have shown sex) and the Hazes are from a mother plant.

I really have no idea what will happen when I flower these as far as growth goes. I dont want to overgrow my 400w hps, so should I get them into 12/12 asap?

I also was hoping I could grab a clone off each plant before I set the timer back. Is there a recovery period for plants after they have a cutting taken off, or can I just put them right into flower after clipping them?

None of the girls seem too stanky yet (I hope thats not a sign of a problem).

And from now on, I think I'll just go with Ocean Forest soil for future attempts, just because everytime one of my plants has been in the Light Warrior, they develop some sort of problem (nute burn probably).

16. You can plan on them growing about triple ther current size if you switched today, if you grow them over 40" then you need to add some side/bottom lighting as a 400 light will only penetrate about 3 ft.

17. Update:

Things are looking better now with the Ice (they are more green). I decided I'm going to take some clones hopefully tomorrow, and set the timer back to 12/12 a few days later.

Pics:

1. Ice #1
    2. Ice #2
    3. SSH #1
    4. SSH #2
    5. Group Shot

18. Darn, I still cant upload those pictures.

Well, today I took some clones off of the plants (6 total). I purchased the materials at the store today and the employee told me to use ocean forest soil as a medium.
    I thought that might be a bad idea, but I went with it anyway. I was also sold some superthrive (I have no idea what this is for :smoking: ).

So will the clones survive in Ocean Forest, or have I just made a huge mistake?

Pics as soon as I can get them to upload (havent been able to for a day).

19. issuperthrive like a fertiizer or something else and what does it do?

20. I dont think it's a fertilizer. It says it has hormones and vitamins in it.

I think I've read about people using it, but I dont remember under what conditions.