1st grow ever

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Hordiladi, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Week 2, and week 1, for my tiny seedlings. I think I'm doing ok right now.
    I need to transplant my youngest and I'm terrified because it looks ok, but it was started in too small of a container. I suspect the oldest is male and the younger female.
    Older plant looks like it's starting to form very tiny pistols. Too soon? But I see something.
    I trimmed the bottom two leaves of this plant today.
    They didn't open when it originally sprouted, and only after about a week did two deformed, stunted leaves appear. I had a small fungus gnat problem in the 1st few days from too wet soil. And lack of circulation. Both issues are currently corrected. I'm worried that I should not have trimmed so early but it's done now.
    Younger plant is very immature and only has its 2nd set of leaves coming in.
    This plant has to be transplanted within the next 24 hours. It's leaves are large and vibrant. The new growth looks healthy, but I think it would be growing faster if I had started it in a larger container.
    I have both in clear glass containers. I did this so I could see what was happening in my soil. This is my first grow, so I want to learn and see everything I can.

2. You won't see pistils that soon. They are stipules that you are seeing. Google it.

Also ditch the clear containers. Or else you'll be dealing with an algae issue, especially if you're known to overwater.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I thought it was too soon! Thanks for the input. I'll take any pointers I can get.

4. #4 Hordiladi, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    I transplanted the younger one tonight and it's now in a plastic container. Also it was difficult to get it out of the glass, so I'll not use that again. I didn't water after the transplant. I did moisten the soil. I'm attempting to get my grow room a little more humid in an attempt to make the transition less stressful.

5. IMG_4192.JPG The roots on the younger one looked nice when I transplanted it. I have a good bit of rock mixed in my soil, so when I transplanted it i could see most of the roots because they were in a pocket between soil and rock. I forgot to mention I'm using 3) 2700k each, CFL's right now. If I can keep them alive and growing I plan to use HID 5900k, x3 or 4 for flowering. I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself, just focus on the stage I'm in now.