1st Grow ever, Pc Case Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ace3187, Dec 9, 2009.

1. #1 Ace3187, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
    Hello GC community,
    I've come to share with you the start of my first ever grow. I am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil along with 2x 23 watt 6500k 1600 lumen bulbs. For intake I am using a 80mm computer fan, 90mm and 80mm for exhaust. For my reflective material I am using Permaflect, my case dimensions are 16.6H x7.8W x 16.5D. My temps seem to average from 79-84. I have it on 18-6 light schedule and am using a unknown bagseed. Thanks for coming by to check out my grow.

Here is pictures of day 1 and of my case.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Hello GC,
    Here is day 4 with the new growth as of 12-9-09, I started this on 12-5-09 is when I first braught it above soil.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Hey Dude... LOVE your case. Very clean. Is that carbon filter over your exhaust?

But, IMO, you have got to increase lights and/or raise that plant up. I am frankly surprised it has not stretched yet. It might not. But I would be worried that it is going to stretch... another bulb... or one or more larger wattages. I would go with max light that keeps temps under 85, whatever that is. Dude you have three fans going! You should be fine. Seriously, if you up the lights you should be growing some serious weed in that thing! :D

I have two cases and in each of them I have three bulbs going. Total wattage is about 107 compared to your 46. In both of my cases the temp is 75-78 degrees. I just added a carbon filter to one case that brought the temp up to 78 degrees. I also do one exhaust fan only in each case. So I would think YOU (with your three fans :p) could seriously up your wattage and without increasing temps too much. I would play around with it.

Good luck and I am subscribed to this one. See ya around :wave:.

4. Thanks for coming to checkout my grow Kavika, See the thing about my temps is that I have this pc case inside my computer desk so adding a 3rd bulb would increase my temps to high, right now my peak temp is 88 but usually stays around 77-82 or 83 so I'm kinda stuck unless I am able to up the wattage without gaining heat which I dont think thats possible. I did put a carbon coal filter on the 2 exhaust fans...for oder and as well as blocking out the light more. I might try some bulbs with higher wattage just for curiosity's sake and see how the temps fair...I also did raise the plant up closer to the light until I was about 3 inches or so. This is just a "test" case until I can afford to do it the way I really want to have it with a bigger case and such but I think I can get away with 2x 23 watt bulbs being that my case is as small as it is.

5. Looking good! I'll be watching very closely. :devious:

6. Hey Ace. It sounds like you have thought about this a bit. Good. You will be fine as long as you keep doing that. Moving your plant within three inches is the right thing to do. If you have not read Kamels CFL guide. It is a sticky at the top of the indoor growing section. He says no more than four inches away is the rule with CFLs.

Good luck Ace.

7. Hello GC,
    Another update, So with help, I installed a 90mm fan for a 2nd intake which was very difficult LOL. During that I lost some of the light schedule for the plant, due to time it took to make the modifications so for 2 days it was basicly on 12/12 oops, I hope it doesnt matter. I Also watered today now and checked the temps now seem to peak at 83F so i think i might be ok to add 1 more bulb, will try it tommorow to see what happens. Here is pictures of the updated case and day 6.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Hello Gc,
    New update, "she's" lookin good today lotsa new growth. I guess it wasnt affected to much by the accidental 12/12 for 2 days. Here's the new pics of day 8.

Stay :smoking:.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. It sure is cool watching something grow. Every time you check on it its a little bit bigger.:p

10. Hello GC,
    Here to update on day 10 of my progress. Not much else to say...watered as needed LOL.:D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. They look pretty good Ace. In fact they look FINE. So what is the plan for transplanting? You gonna do that after the show sex?

12. Hey kavika,
    I think I might transplant after it shows it's sex, To what yet iunno, that will be determined in due time. I'm happy with how the plants growing...just waiting for the time to top now and go from there. So exceiting :D

Stay :smoke:

13. Cool Ace. I had my plants in 1 qt. containers and transplanted after sexing. I only had to keep them in those containers for about three weeks. My plants were completely root bound after three weeks. I found one gallon food containers at Walmart. They work for me because I am growing LR2s which are very small.

Good luck!

14. Hello Gc,
    New update time, so today is day 12 and decided it was time to top it. Everything is looking good, amazing how fast it is growing. pretty soon once i decide its the right height im gonna switch it over to flower, which will be in about a week or two, something like that. So without further adue here's the pictures.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Hello GC,
    New update time i'm on day 24 of veg and I've done some lst and aswell as topped it. I'm waiting to get my lights so as soon as that happens ill throw it into flower. for flowering nuitrients i'm using Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2-8-4 for fert, and Fox Farm Big Bloom .01-.03-.07 for plant food. I did have a lil mishap with a plant as I figure it got a lil to dry and made some of the leaves discolor and seems to came back from it without a problem basicly...anyway here is a updated picture.
    [​IMG]

16. Hey there Ace. Looking good. She looks lush and healthy. Keep it up! The topping looks like it went well. How long did it take for her to recover? I have not topped in a long time and I am thinking that I am going to start doing the 4-way LST which starts with topping. If you have not read about that the result (at least at first) looks like this.

Good luck Ace!

17. Hey Kavika,
    The lst I did was the 4 way, and I've been trying to take care of it since the last mistake. The recovery time for the topping was basicly nothing from what it seemed, because it had growth too the next day after i topped and kept doing so every day after so everything seems to be going right. I'll have new pics in a day or two.

Stay:smoke:

18. Very cool my man. Have a great new year!

19. Hello GC,
    New update time, I'm on day 2 of flowering, got 2x 23 watt 2700k with 1x 23 watt 6500k for mixed spetrum for lights. I have it switched over to 12/12 as of 1/1 lol. Anyway here is a new picture to show the progress i'm pretty suprised.

[​IMG]