1st grow cfls are these ready yet?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by never4get, Mar 1, 2009.

1. #1 never4get, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
    these are 2 lowryder2's grown under cfl the taller of the 2 stretched out due to height of lights they are now flowering nicely and wonder if anyone can tell if they ready to harvest?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. you need to get a magnification device. look at the trichomes to see if they are turning amber

3. Correct me if im wrong but shouldent you wait till the hairs turn just a little darker?

4. Depends. What strain are you growing, there?

5. Pistils turning red can vary from one strain to another and different growing conditions, trichomes are the best indicator, more clear gives you a more heady high and more amber gives more of a couch lock high.

I have found that a 10x maginifying glass will work but 20-30x is better.

Pics are a little fuzzy but it looks like your real close to harvest.......looks pretty good for lowryder.

:cool:

6. Then I would harvest it right now

7. how much wattage of cfl are you using,
    if you dont mind my asking
    ncie grow dude

8. wattage used 1 x 125w and 4 x 20w have been pretty pleased so far apart from the stretch on the one plant but due to fact lights were too high once lowered the other plant stayed nicely bushy

9. will try and upload some more photos later not soblurred but charging up the batteries for the camera

10. just cut the larger of the lowryders down got a net weight of 8oz from the plant, anyone know how much weight it is going to lose whilst drying out, just interested in what my yield maybe

11. Did you trim the bud? 8oz sounds like a lot for a lowryder.

Usually you will loose about 1/2 of the weight after drying and curing.

12. yeah trimmed off as much as i possibly could without cutting into the bud there are one or two really small leaves still on the bud but dont think these contributed much to the weight

13. you should end up with around 2 ounces, which is massive for a lowryder under cfls, well done.

14. lets see some pics....pretty nice grow...good shit