1st grow bubble system

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toke-a-mon, Sep 27, 2009.

1. I am trying a first grow with a bubbler system and some bag seed. Figured id practice with those first. I have germed 2 seeds and have one in rockwool in a zip lock bag slightly open on top of my fridge and i have another already in the rockwool cube in the bubbler. Is it to soon to move it in there and if so when is a good time. Also the one on the fridge looks kinda yellowish could it be a ph problem with the rockwool and if so willl the young seedling be ok. Any info would help ill try to take some pics of the set up and seedlings tomorrow Thanks in advance for any info

2. congrats on your first grow :hello:

Can you post a pic? My guess without seeing a pic would be that the cube is too wet. Personally, I wouldn't keep it in a ziplock bag, between the cube and the ziplock it's probably way too wet. You don't want it too wet, or too dry.

Did you rinse the rockwool before you put the seedling in it and shake out the excess water? Did you use tap water, distilled??? What was the PH?

Do you have a light on the seedling?

You might want to wait to put the seedling in the bubbler until you can see the roots coming through the bottom of the cube ;)

Good luck :)

3. thanks yoda i will put some pics up today i have the cam charging now. I checked both seedlings today (the one i put in the bucket and the one on top the fridge. both have sprouted and the one on the fridge started to shoot up as where the one in the bucket sprouted and is a lil smaller, im assuming because it is under lights. the lights i am using are probably not sufficient enough but i will be ordering 1 105watt cfl 6500k and one 105watt cfl 2700k For 2 plants i would hope that should do the trick. I did soak the rockwool cubes under tap water but not for a full 24 hrs. i didnt shake them out as well as i probably could have. I now have both in the bubble system with clear cups over them and the water below is not touching the cubes yet so hopefully they make it. If not i have more seeds ill have to pay more attention in the beginning. As far as nutes go what would you recommend and how soon. Thanks again!

4. I'm familiar with fox farm nutes (you can google to see what they have). Whatever nutes you decide to go with, I wouldn't give them any for the first couple weeks. You'll want to introduce them to nutes with a low dose and work your way up.

You might want to get ph up / ph down, ph test kit or meter, ppm meter to keep an eye on the levels. PH issues can cause problems as well as nuting too early.

How wet is the seedling in the bucket?

If you're using tap water, might I suggest filling a gallon jug and let it sit over night for the chlorine to evaporate. You might want to check the ph / ppm's of your tap water as well. It's ok to use it, it helps to know what you're starting with ;)

I'll check in later to see pics :)

5. here are some pics taken a little while ago. By the way does the water temp matter i wasnt sure so i wanted to see if anyone could help with that one. ok maybe no pics cant figure out how to post them so any info on that would be great too thanks

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pic quality isnt all that great sorry