1st grow 600W Pineapple Express - Overreaction?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mateer, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I wanted to thank y'all in advance for your input. Here is a link to my grow log:

1st Attempt at Grow & Closet - With Pics

I am growing G13 Labs Pineapple Express as my first grow. It's in 100% FFOF soil, RO water, 600W MH then HPS air cooled light, oscillating tower fan, and 6" inline fan and charcoal filter.

I am about a week into flower, my plants are about 24" tall and take water/nutes about every 3 days. I am using GH nutes and CalMag, and the plants are in 4 gal drip thru pots.

The two minor problems I am having are:
    - Withering of a few leaves on one of my plants
    - Proper control of temperature and humidity during flower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see from these pictures, one of the plants has some funny looking leaves. I am not sure what it is from. I have not checked my pH levels in a while, because at the start all of them looked fine. I haven't changed from using RO water, or added new nutes so I don't think it is from the water, because every plant would have it. (They are all watered from the same batch) Unless it is from overnuteing. I also do not see any little bugs in the soil when dry or after watering either.

My humidity seemed fine during veg. But now in flower I am not sure I am still cool. Humidity regularly reaches 50-60%, and rarely 70%. Temps stay between 55-65 (night) and 65-75 (day). I do not know how to drop the humidity any more. I have a pretty good tower fan and exhaust fan all ready.

I look forward to your responses, thanks again!

2. That's a manganese deficiency. Go find a product that has better nutrition, or maybe a miconutrient (aka micros) solution and give them a feed with it. The soil is lacking and the nutrition in lacking, either mix better soil, get more expensive nutes, or purchase micros. Prolly last is cheepest...no, soil making is cheeper. The soil you are using is no rated highly in long term plant nutition, but transplanting into new soil now wouldn't make sense so right now...micros'.

3. #3 mateer, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    Thank you, that is exactly what it seems to be after doing some reading. It is in it's early stages, the tips of the leaves lowest on the plant are browning and beginning to curl.

I am using pretty hot soil 100% FFOF, and following it with a moderate GH nute cycle, so I think there is plenty of magnesium in there. I wonder if making a 2% epsom salt solution and spray the leaves daily until it gets better would be enough, or if you would reccomend adding 2tsp:gal to my watering cycle?

4. And will the effected leaves recover? Or should I start pruning the ones that ate more than 50% effected?

5. I would leaf them alone, hahaha, plants have a way of taking what they need and when it's done with it it falls off of the plant. I don't prune. Good luck.