(1st Grow) 5G Hempy Buckets MARS 144 LED IKEA Closet [BBHz x Pie?]

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by FuckYouEvilchild0323, May 13, 2016.

1. Try just running less all together run your Ppms lower altogther

2. That's the reason she is fox tailing as well as slow growth. Because the heat seems ok from the thermometer is see

3. Haven't even thought of that. As soon as you said that I realized I haven't done a flush in weeks....fuck me running. I wonder if I do a pH'd flush and low dose will fix her up. Normally my "flush" is just a run of 1 Gallon through the coco till it stops draining. Then replace the res level with nutes.

Could this be a "lock out" situation if there are settled nutes in the res?

4. No I don't belive so.... Why don't you run the straight PH'd water for a day then add a lower dose.

5. Sounds good :D

Thanks Belhern. I appreciate the help, I usually shoot for 5.9/6.0?

• Like Like x 1
  6. That should do it brother. Hey just try to remember less is more when it comes to the nutes, it's something even I have to bereminded of from time to time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yah I've just been eating it plain like taking medicine lol. Sorry to hear about health issues hope everything gets better. Yeah I'm just letting this run do itself. I peek in on it in the mornings that's about it.

8. Decided to check my runoff for shits and giggles. 1600 PPM and ~1490 PPM. Probably going to flush the medium for at least one more day. Hopefully I will see some happy girls again soon. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. I figured about as much. That's awesome and the correct step. When you hear about guys pushing past 1200...ppm man I don't think I've ever done that

10. Checked out to be about 1300 PPM range now. Going to flush for one more day just to bring it down a notch, then go back to full strength the following day. I'll keep an eye on my runoff PPMs for the next two days.

Noticed a few amber hairs grown out on a few bud sites. Glad things are coming a long. Still a little worried about the growth, lower (top) colas look good and promising. Actual tops are still not quite "full".

My RH is about 45-55% is that going to be a problem for the near future?

I'll update a pic after this but one of them looks like if it fills out will be TOO massive to be able to provide good airflow. Maybe I'm just being impatient...Like I have been this entire grow, and now that I see trichs I'm getting anxious.

11. The has been 45-75...i know that can't be good. Maybe I'll add a little fan into the exhaust to get air moving out.

12. That's fine.... I'm more worried about your PPMs full strength....I've never run anything past 850 and you want to bring it up over 1k.

13. In hydro the nutrients are always available. They really don't have to be that strong. I was running 1/4-1/2 recommended strength and my plants looked great. I tried to push it to full strength and ended up with a slight nitro burn when my water level dropped.

It isn't worth it. 1/2 strength especially in DWC does great. It's not like the plants can't get the nutrients if the solution is a little lower in ppm. It's always there for the taking and the danger of burn, stress, and toxicity is gone.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Headed the warning, and checked PPMs one more time after a res fill with pH'd water. 1100 on my Leftie, and 800 on the right one. Should I continue this path until I get to about 800-900 stable.

My regular feedings are roughly ~750 PPM with just the lucas formula. Epsom thrown in and I'm up to low 900, had been feeding that since week 3 I think, when 3rd set appeared. Up until a few days ago. Was flushing the medium every 3-4 feeding with pH water then topped with nutes, up until maybe a month ago when I read somewhere a guy wasn't flushing his hempies. Was on a more strict feeding schedule perhaps?

How can I just add and subtract what my runoff looks like with what I'm feeding her with? Like fill the res to drain enough to test, and then dilute my nutes to the needed # and then feed to top off?

Or flush another day and return to a reduced concentration?

Both pots ended up needing about a gallon and a half today for 10% run. More evidence that I just wasn't paying attention.

Fun learning process again. Seeing the evidence of my mistakes with my own eyes, confirming what I've read and heard. Appreciate all the advice, it means a lot to have a couple of experienced people stopping by and checking in.

I didn't forget about u Jheez:smoking-banana:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Very well said brother

16. #357 Belhern, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    I would say lower your initial concentrations in your Rez and stabilize your soil at the same time. When you do a flush leave it at that until your median dries up and needs water again I can assure you there will be residual nutes in there for the two?-days? Are you running the original perlite vermiculite ratios? Maybe tone down the Epsom as well.

17. #358 Belhern, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Jheez I know you think I don't like you but I can assure you that's not the case! I was always willing to lend a hand I don't get along with certain types on here that's all, I found my happy little corner with like minds and I just stay there now.;)
    Need help just ask.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yep that's pretty much what I thought. Lol. If I thought wrong cool. If I thought right no biggie. Stopped worrying about people liking me a long time ago yea I can be weird and forgetful Try not to ask too much as sometimes I've already asked and forgot. Grow going good. Keepin it simple. Just heat issues but apart from buying an ac might have to roll with it. Trying to get some composting thang going on but local groceries won't give me anything trash wise. Naah I'm cool with everybody. Unless it's because I'm almost out of that pound of butter I made. Lol Side note: all the lol's are because my typing can come across blunt sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It's more about having the perfect balance of ingredients IMO. Having the right percentage for the particular stage that the plant is in of each ingredient is more important than having a strong ppm. What percentage of each changes drastically through the life cycle and keeping up with what you think it needs is the challenge. You want a minimal amount but you need just the right percentage of N still in the mix, just the right amount of silica, floric/humic acid, the right amount of calcium, ect. Some micronutrients are needed to process others.

I'm trying to perfect my balance and always trying to error on the side of less when I question it.

Has anyone seen huge gains from pushing their nutrients from 800ppm to 1200 or more? If they have maybe chasing the tail of living on the edge of burn is worth it. I haven't seen the proof that it is. I'm always interested to learn if maybe there's huge gains to be had from running stronger.