1st grow 10 weeks need advice (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by i hate detroit, Mar 24, 2011.

1. started from femenized seed 2 tangerine dream and 1 LSD.. the short one. started them at the same time the td's are about 18-20 inches or so tall but the LSD is maybe a foot tall not even no tape measure. Today they started to droop a bit the smaller LSD more so than the other 2 but theres a lil droop to the taller ones for the first time, but they have not been fed in 5 6 days and im pretty sure im not overdoing it its only once a week. wondering what my problem could be. i was going to start flowering in a few days probobly they have been growing under cfls, i was going to switch them to 12/12 and put up HPS will 600 watt be enough if i supplement with the cfls? or should i spring for the 1000w. also is the LSD too small to flower at 10 maybe 12 inches? will it just be taking valuable light from the 2 big girls? confused when to flower these plants now. sorry so many questions im a first timer.
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. They look thirsty. Under watering will do the same thing as overwatering. Do the leaves feel crispy? What about the soil, does it feel dry? Stick your finger in the soil as deep as it will go. That's my only thought, or it could be heat related which will also cause the soil to dry up fast. Judging by the pot size, you could need to water every 2-4 days but that depends on your conditions, soil mix and light source.

3. here are the lights im using, im sure of the total wattage and all that...stupid i know. fox farm ocean forest soil, ion grow nutes. they are in 4 gallon pots that was the biggest i could find. and as far as heat goes the lights put out very little heat, and they are in a cold basement, 78 inside tent positioned under a vent for some heat and around 70-72 outside of the tent. i didnt know they would droop from underfeeding so im just going to feed them now i guess, i was really worried bout overdoing it since i read alot thats the biggest mistake i been on every 6-7 day feedings. still wondering if i should go ahead with flower now or give the little girl a few weeks? will the big girls lose yeild if i let them veg another 2 weeks at their size?

[​IMG]

4. Your fan leaves look very dark, that's usually a sign of the early stage of nutrient burn, I wouldn't recommend feeding before you're sure (Or maybe it's just the pictures). Do you have a fan ventilating the leaves in there? If not then it's very likely that your stems simply aren't building like they should. As a plant they're expecting to be outside where there's wind which forces them to build fat stems which they need to carry the weight of the leaves.

5. uhmm.... you had better start flowering now, unless you have a ton of room. those tangerine dream stretch like a MOTHERFUCKER

6. I said under watering not under feeding, big difference.

I would give them plain water for the next 2 waters at least. If it were me I would not flower until I solved the problem as this will unfold even more issues.

If they feel dry, give them water until you get runoff. Water as in with no nutrients added. Once they start recovering, change your light cycle to 12_12.

Good luck!

7. Hmmm,
    Do I read this right? Your plants are 10 weeks old (I presume from seed?) and you are using cfl to grow with. Ok I use hps 600w BUT I get my plants at about 2/3 weeks old approx 6/8 inches high and in the next 2 weeks at 18/6 they grow to about 13/15 inches tall I then turn them 12/12 and approx 8/9 weeks later they are ready to flush and harvest, giving me approx an ounce to an ounce and a half each plant you car grow 9 plants comfortably in a 1.2 meter grow tent and they eventually end up about 3 feet tall. I,m not saying you are doing anything wrong but IMHO those girls should have been turned about 6 weeks ago sat under a HPS and they now would be showing some nice bud growth and you would be lookingforward to harvesting them in about a month as it stands you will probably have to wait another 2 to 3 months to get anything out of your plants unless you go HPS now.

as I said im no expert thats just my opinnion :)
    also I cant understan this thing about only watering them once a week???? in a rain forest where a lot of bud grows it rains almost every day sometimes twice! also if you ever try using a wilma system that will water the plants twice a day or more should you set it that way and it works as a runoff return system ie if water is not running out of the pots when you water the plants you are underwatering them (in coco that is the case) they need constant water a little and often and constant nutes to grow into nice big plants that will give you wahat you want.

best of luck bud

tazman :)