1st ever grow, Easyryder in a closet set up

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sfogle, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Amen!:eek:

2. ok, gonna let it chill for a few days and hope the leaves perk back up. overwatering is nothing it cant recover from right?

3. well after intially giving it a touch more water (before reading the responses i got on here lol) i was pretty worried. but i got home from work last night and that baby had perked right back up. AWESOME.

these girls are growing pretty DAMN fast not, every other day it seems like theres new leaves hanging around. exciting....

ill keep you alll posted! im gonna transplant the younger two this weekend. they both just hit 2 weeks. more pics soon

4. update.

hows she doing? shes the oldest. i came to realization that there was not enough soil in her pot, its a 2 gal pot and it was no where near full so i tried to take her out and fill the pot up more... a complicated process that got messy.... I HOPE SHE DOESNT DIE! cuz that would make me feel pretty bad.... can plants survive semi traumatic transplants? note: shes almost a month old now

the leaves started drooping fast after transplant. i think i just killed my baby :(

Attached Files:

5. the leaves are now at full slouch... and i JUSt did the transplant like 45min ago. wtf. this is a day ruiner. someone please tell me its capable of recovering???? im borderline hysterical right now

6. I feel like you are putting way to much attention on theses girls. I'm growing EasyRyder too, and it takes very minimal effort. Stop thinking so much about watering, I water about once every three days. Let that soil dry out on top, stick your finger in an inch or so in the soil and if it's not moist, go ahead and water. Any more often than this, and your going to start having problems.

As far as nutes on the EasyRyder, I started some Fox Farms Grow Big about 1.5 weeks in and ran that until flowering started, at about 3 weeks. When flowering started I started in on FoX Farm Tiger Bloom. I think I'm on Week 6 right now and all is good, she seems to love it so far.

Also what kind of soil are you using?

Also remember, plants are going to slow down for awhile after you transplant them, but don't worry too much, it's most likely just the roots building up down below.

Basically I think you just need to relax a bit with these girls, too much attention can be a bad thing. I would check in on her at the very most once a day, every other day is better, you will really see noticeable growth.

And I'm sure you can recover that droopy plant. You just need to work on that green thumb of yours. Just get in touch with the plants and feel what it needs. Listen to them and stop trying so hard and you'll start to get that feel for it.

Don't get discouraged, everyone starts growing on their very first grow. Just have some patience and confidence. :)

7. Words of Wisdom:

"You can never water too much, only too often."

Give them some time and don't fret!
    Have faith!

;)

8. I did the same thing to one of my plants yesterday morning. This morning, it's looking fine.. hasn't woke up yet this morning but its leaves are looking a bit droopy either from the transplant, watering or the dark. You'll be fine as long as you didn't slaughter the root ball. Did you water after you messed around with it?

9. i may of f'ed the root ball, or atleast some of it. basically the soil came apart whilst transplanting, i had to pile soil around the base of the stem cuz it was bending. good news being shes a little LESS droopy, which i gheuss means it isnt dead?. last night its leaves were literally on the soil, which is why i was so worried.

yup... im like an overbearing mother haha.

10. looks like theres some stretching not to bad though
    [​IMG]

11. yeah you should follow that one guys advice check on it like once a day, idk before you go to bed does the trick for me

12. so it did not die, it regained its health. buttttt, some of the leaves got some nasty looking brown/yellow spots and feel real dry and crispy. should i cut these off? not sure what to do, at first it was one set then another set started to develope so i dont know if it will spread through the plant. ill include pics soon.

13. no one? i wanna cut the leaves, they are ugly haha, but i dont wanna kill the plant. ive been reading on google but havent been able to discern if trimming can be deadly

14. Trimming is not deadly, however give your plant a little longer to recover before you start playing around with her. Unhealthy plants shouldn't be topped or trimmed, as they have enough going on without the added stress of losing growth, but healthy plants can be trimmed to your heart's content, within reason. If those leaves are dying, the plant will get as much nutrition out of each leaf as possible before shedding them, so it'd be beneficial to let the plant look a little ugly in the coming days before you take a scalpel to it.

Another consideration -- it's only been a couple days since you transplanted. You want your plants to fully recover from the stresses of transplanting before you stress the plant again. Speaking of which, I found my grows went a lot more smoothly when I stopped transplanting and grew in the same medium from seedling to harvest. I probably could handle a transplant nowadays, however I killed many aspiring bagseed plants transplanting from Solo cups to 1 gallon pots, and from 1 gallon to 3 gallon pots. Keeping it simple really will take you far growing pot, especially as a novice.

15. i would also wait a few but i will trimm the bad ugly ones i dont want the plant to try and repair them. instead i cut only damage part imo i think the plant then starts to focus on new things.

16. Looks good man. . . I'll be checking in on the progress! Good luck ! :wave:

17. some pic updates, just transplanted the last one out of a solo cup. the last pic is a close up of the one with bad leaves, the ones in the pic arent that bad, it had another pair that were worse but i snipped them off.

bushy one is about 5.5 weeks old, the other two should be about 3.5 weeks old i belive

Attached Files:

18. update, pics included. anyone whos grown easyryder, how long do they usually take before starting to flower? they are offically starting to smeller danker

Attached Files:

19. looking real good man ! :wave:

20. long time n no update but things have been going real good.

any estimates on when to harvest? pics were taken 5min ago

Attached Files: