Discussion in 'General' started by JaneInMyBrain, Jul 23, 2004.

1. I read this book a couple of years ago in an english class. I was just wonderin if ne of you have ever read it its a pretty good book. It kinda goes along with Farenheit 451 and the Giver. We read all those i think it was a pretty cool topic.

2. You mean George Orwell? Good book! I also recommend Animal Farm (GO) and Brave New World (Aldous Huxley), if yer interested in early sci-fi

3. 1984 was alright but Brave New World is sooooo much better. I liked 1984 but I wasn't fond of the writing style. Animal Farm is a better Orwell book. But Brave New World is simply amazing.

Farenheit 451 is really interesting too. I read it in school so I wasn't interested at the time, but thinking back it was a really good book. I'll have to read it again with an open mind, because in high school just like most kids I dreaded books for English class.

4. Both 1984 and Brave New World are good books, but I would suggest that everyone check out Yevgeny Zamyatin's We. Both Orwell and Huxley borrowed heavily from it.

5. 1984 was a very easy book for the public to understand the concepts.

agree GO had better books in writting style but none so to the political point.

Grasscity Deals Near You