1932 Political Cartoon - "America Looks at its Neighbors"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, Aug 2, 2011.

1. I don't know if it is just me but I can't read what it says so i don't get it. Anyone want to tell me what it says?

2. Look below the image and you'll find this:

bigger version: http://i.imgur.com/N2IIq.jpg

3. To me, it looks like Uncle sam telling europe to take it easy on the wars because they owe uncle sam some money. which would make it ironic, because now thats what people tell us.

4. Today it's more like the bankers looking at the world, wanna borrow more money??:ey:

5. I didn't know Europe and America were neighbours.

6. We're all neighbors, because we all share a piece of this smote of dust in a sunbeam.

7. [​IMG]:p

8. Now the US and Europe are siamese twins.

Its a small world after all.

9. I was watching the newest episode of Top Gear last night and almost cried when I saw soldiers who have lost many limbs thanks to agreeing to "help" us in Afghanistan. One guy started to choke up and they had to cut away when he described his 21 year old mate who didn't make it...

It's just madness. :(

10. Yeah, it sucks how Europe and America can drag each other into wars so easily. Please don't take offence to this, but the Europeans should have never settled in the Americas. Colonialism fucks everything up. Thankfully my country played a relitavely small role in Afghanistan and practically none in Iraq. 25 were killed in Afghanistan, but that is still 25 too many. 19 were killed in action, the other were accidents and one suicide. The British have 377 casualties in Afghanistan. It's a damn shame.