180watt CFL grow Big Bang cupboard :D

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Nunshouse, Sep 10, 2011.

1. #1 Nunshouse, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    Easy dudes, hope every ones well? I'm new to growing and I'm starting in a self made cupboard. the size is H3.5ft x W2.5ft x D1.5ft. My equipment so far is 4 x 45watt cfl 27k with 3 x 30watt CFL 27k that I can throw in later on if I feel like it. I'm growing in a 10litre pot with 2 plant in one, also using coco professional plus with canna A and B soft to start. they have been growing outdoors for the past couple of months. my plants did start in a couple of litre (not sure how much) pot of soil, now they have been put in the 10 litre and filled with coco. Any advice on this would be good? I do have cuttings I can use as I'm not totally sure how that's going to effect growth but would prefer to finish this lady. My fans for the space are 2 x 140mm pc fans. super silent ones ;). they do 60.9 cfm which I believe is all I should need. The plants have been LST'd. Any advice would be great and much appreciated at this point. The photos are about 2weeks old these are the old pot although this one is the second pot they have been in and this also includes some soil.

2. 2 plants in one pot? Thats not really ideal..these plants like their space.

3. Do you think it would work? at this point im not really fussed about getting maximum yield as i will also be doing a 1ft x 1ft scrog to coincide with this one finishing. also what would you say about the set up?

4. 1 ft x 1 ft scrog = 1 plant in a 3/4/5 gallon pot.

5. ok im going to be doing that in coco aswell, iv heard its good for beginners and i have seen good results. im going to see the twins through anyway. can you see any problems coming from the mix of soil and coco? id say the soil to coco ratio is about 1:3.

6. I dont think that'd be a problem. :)

7. Cool, much appreciated for the help. im going to keep the thread going all the way through and ill upload some more pictures that include the flower and veg rooms plus recent plant ones also.

8. your set-up is really similar to mine. im subscribing to stay updated good luck!

9. Thanks, what are you using?

10. Im using 5 cfl's(3-32w full spec 65k and 2-28w 27k), 2 exhaust/computer fans one 4" and one 6", and one 7" intake fan. It's two clones in 1gal pots each. soil is fox farm soil mix with a little perlite added.

11. Sounds good, do you think ill get much heat in that space off 4x45watts 27k? im hopefully going to start flowering tomorrow (fingers cross). Are you in the veg or flower stage at the moment?

12. my temp stays in the mid to low 70's. i'm still pretty new to this but i was told that was fine.how big are ur plants?

13. #13 Nunshouse, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
    Yeah it all seems the same as mine. I started 12/12 today, I fed them a light nutrient solution of 3ml canna A and B with 0.2ml ph down and ill check the run off tomorrow. My temp had a high of 22.2C and a over all night temp of 21.7C with 60%rh. More than likely going to move the lights closer since the heat is so low and i may add the extra lights. The only problem is the sound from the fans is noticeable, this may be because i know its there but if anyone has any tips on how to quiet them down abit please let me know. ill add photos at a later point today. :D

Just came of first 12/12 when pics were taken. Temp of the room with lights off is at 19C and 55%RH. Tested the water run off and its around 5.5 - 5.9 PH (i am using a ph tester kit not a meter so im going by color).

Attached Files:

14. i only have one now, but it's still vegging. I'm trying some lst today to try and make up for the lost plant. IMO your ph should be between 6.2-6.7 since it's soil. the levels you have are for hydro and in the first pic it looks like you have a little nute dif, and maybe some fungus on the tips of the yellow leaf. but as u know im still new to this so take that for what it's worth lol

15. im going to bump the ph up i was thinking of getting it to around 6.0 - 6.2 since its a canna coco mix aswell iv read it should be treated the same as hydro but i need to improvise for the soil thats in there aswell. also going to add 3x30watt cfls in the next couple of days to bump the temp up. the yellowing is the ph and what you can see on the leaves is magnesium deficiency due to the ph im guessing. really need a way of keeping the temp high while lights are off aswell though from the max to min temp the difference is 4.8C. also sorry to hear the one of your plants didnt make it :( but your other one is looking good. oh iv lst'd mine, standing up straight they are probably over a foot but now the stand afew inches thanks to lsting it.

16. humm.... i should research canna coco, i don't know anything about that. For low temps do you have both exhausts on when the lights are off? i only keep the smaller one on with the lights off. lol thanks and i'm surprised she's doing this well. she just takes off when the lights go off. im downloading some pics to post up, check em' out later on.

17. yeah i keep the fans on well, i played around a bit today to test temps with lights off and fns off and on. having them both on seemed to increase the temp for some reason. ill be getting myself a timer for the fans and setting them to come on every 15mins then off for 15mins see how that goes. Also going to start adding a bit of calmag every couple of feeds to hopefully sort the yellowing out.

18. i heard that was good for the roots as well

19. i wonder why that happened????

20. they are in a area that could get cold so im recirculating the air to keep the temps up. atm with lights off its 17.1C and its getting colder outside i need a quick solution lol