180 watt UFO led grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Heres my UFO grow.
    I have a bagseed growing at the moment but im waiting on pineapple chunk, blue cheese, and black widow.

What do you guys think i should grow first, peace.

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      128.4 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      172.1 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      162.2 KB
      Views:
    • 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      115.7 KB
      Views:
    • 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      139.3 KB
      Views:
    • 029.jpg
      029.jpg
      File size:
      100.7 KB
      Views:
  2. led's always mess my eyes up haha, i was lookin at pineapple chunk i would be interested to see that one grow.

3. Ya it's bright. When my seeds get here that will be my first choice.

4. Hey guys how close should I put my plant to the led

5. sure thing buddy here they are, o and by the way, i dont think you will need a ufo led with a 150 watt hps along with the cfl,s.

I used to only grow with cfl's, i used around 7 i guess, but i harvested the best weed i ever smoked using only cfl.

But i eventually had to invest in some better light.
    By the way you know that 6500k is for veg right.

6. o and one more thing, my plant looks fucked up, not unhealthy but you can obviously see.
    i keep the led about 4 or 5 inches away from it, do you think it needs more room than that, maybe 8 inches or so.

peace

Attached Files:

• 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      183.8 KB
      Views:
    • 023.JPG
      023.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 024.JPG
      024.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      229.9 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      226.8 KB
      Views:
  7. Did you say 180 watt ufo 6500k?
    So your buying the ufo just for veg??
    Red lights mean flowering and blue means veg (on ufo lights)

8. are you fucked up or something man, dont reply to my thread if your going to say something stupid

9. #9 maulcoy, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    I was here to ask a few questions not answer a bunch ......

P,S yes your leds are too close to the plant , that's why its leaves look burnt and twisted.Back it up to 8-10 inches away and move closer each day till you find optimum distance.No hard feelings I just wanted to follow an led grow from start to finish.Not go over what I've already posted 2 times basically in my journal and an auto flower resources thread Here also.

10. thats ok man, thanks for the advice on the light and keep watching the thread ill have more pics in a couple days and all questions are welcome, peace.

11. My leaves are really starting to turn toward one side, it looks fucked up. The plant looks like its perfectly healthy but those two main leaves just keep moving toward the end of the cup.

I moved the light away from the plant so its about 6 inches away now. There is even light distribution so i dont get it, any suggestions.

12. The growth im seeing is unbelievable using this new light, its 10 times better than when i used cfl. I am very happy with the led light, no heat at all, its pretty unbelievable.

Here she is at only 11 days old.

Attached Files:

• 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      240.8 KB
      Views:
    • 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      223.6 KB
      Views:
    • 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      132.1 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      205.7 KB
      Views:
  13. Well I guess I'll just stop puttin up pics until I have a plant that's in flowering because that seems like it's the only time I ever get replies

14. I wouldn't worry much about the fucked up growth. I am in my 3rd LED grow and one of mine has looked fucked up from the start just like yours. In time it straightened itself out but every new branch started out twisted and gnarly with odd shaped leaves. I keep my LED about 8" over the plants in veg and a little closer in flowering. This picture is 3 weeks into flowering and the one on the left is the one that grew fucked up. As you can see it if fine now, maybe even surpassing the one that grew perfectly.

[​IMG]

15. Aloha, I am growing w/ a 430 hps closet set up and average 200 gs or so every couple of months. the heat is extraordinary as well as the bills. I would be interested to know how your system is set up. and especially what you are growing and how the yeild compares to mine please stay in touch...
    Mahalo

16. Thanks for the reply man, you have a nice grow goin there, i cant believe the growth difference between the led and the cfl's. peace

17. Well i grow in my closet as you see and before i used led lights i used all cfl's.

So i cant tell you how much of a yield i average because this is my first grow using a different light.
    But my last grow i ended up with 42 grams of vio kush. I am waiting on my seeds to come in the mail.
    i ordered blue cheese, pineapple chunk and a couple of free femmed seeds.

But the led light gives no heat at all. i can close my closet door all night and it prolly wouldnt go past 85 degrees. my normal temp is usuallyy 77. peace

18. Hey guys im waiting for my pineapple chunk and black widow and blue cheese to arrive in the mail. Its been awhile and i want them to be here already.

But this is the bagseed in about 1 or 2 weeks of flower, as you can see for all you led haters that only grow with h.i.d. i can outgrow you with my led.

The growth is amazing ive never seen anything like it.
    Im worried about the sex of it, i know their isnt much signs yet but if anybody can tell me what they think about if its gonna be a ho or a pimp.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      180.6 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      184.4 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      267.1 KB
      Views:
    • 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      228.7 KB
      Views:
    • 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      223.4 KB
      Views:
    • 029.jpg
      029.jpg
      File size:
      239.7 KB
      Views:
    • 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      207.3 KB
      Views:
  19. with my 90watt tri band optimal focal legnth was 12 to 14 inch..to close results in muntation..as you can see...with leds of any wattage..closer is not better:smoke:

20. ya i moved it further, peace thanks for reply