Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

18 yrs of smoking on and off and failed my first drug test. And it's not THC.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Engz, Sep 21, 2018.

1. What's up guys. I have been searching the web for people that can provide me some knowledge and experience of shit I am going through right now. And I thought hey why not ask a forum of pot lovers. Because basically, some of us are really on the low chemist.

So I just tested "false" positive on a drug test here in NYC. And not for THC!

I am very disciplined with it comes to things that are important and shit you cannot joke with. So I have an annual drug test. Starting 2018, I smoked the first 3 months and the stopped because I'm one of those guys that cannot use weed to socialize and I needed my high energy to help me build my business. I smoke to relax and chill at home on a day off. Til July, I had a 16hr layoff in Colorado! First timer, so what the fk you think I did. I went straight to the dispensary. Got me some moonrocks and a box of pre-rolled jointed. Roamed Denver and enjoyed myself. After that, I was clean all the way to the drug test.

My lifestyle: I am a serial entrepreneur. I love business and I love building them. I stay fit all year long and take a good amount of supplements.

Fast forward to August 2018 (Test month)

So right at the beginning of the month. I caught the craziest sinus infection and was ill for a week and a half. All I wanted to do was get better and get my ass on the pavement and get back to work. And I wanted to do it fast. So I am here taking my old prescribed meds, vicks, cough syrup, theraflu, nyquil, dayquil, my home countries herbal shit.

My test date was only a few days from me just started to feel better.

I take the test. I get a phone call saying to call the lab. Call the lab and doc tells me I tested positive for
    AMPHETAMINE. I'm like what? Antihistamine?! Then I paused and was like wtf, Meth?

Yo I am no fucking hardcore druggie. Nor I have tried even meth in my life.

After doing some researching, there were actually stories of people failing a drug test and testing for amphetamine and were no users.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I'm stuck in this situation between the truth and the law.

I just received a letter today saying I will be getting a Fitness Hearing and that I can request for my ORIGINAL URINE tested that day to be retested.

My question is:

How long does illegal substances stay in the urine that is outside your body?

I really need to be smart about this and make sure I do this right because it I fuck up. I will basically be falsely accused of taking heavy drugs.

2. I had a false positive for from taking a decongestant. It you didn't take any unmentionables the confirmatory test on your original sample will show that. If you did not do what they said you did the urine specimen will do the talking. Good luck.

3. Just for your information, please read the Forum Guidelines so you'll understand that you can't talk about other drugs here.

You're mostly talking about a drug test.

So, if they gave you a drug screen and are asking if you want the sample to now go through a drug test and you did nothing wrong, then you should be good to go.

I am including two links. The first has good info all the way through. The 2nd has a portion of good info. I disagree with some of the detection times listed. Both, however, discuss the difference between a drug screen and a drug test. You might want to use this information to make your decision and/or case.

A Forensic Toxicologist on Drug Tests vs. Drug Screens

Everything You Never Wanted to Know About Drug Testing

From the 2nd link:
    "Accuracy in urinalysis demands both the screen and the test for those with positive results.Some employers, in order to cut costs, will use only drug screens. This is problematic because a drug screen is not specific, and will likely create false positives for things such as ibuprofen and poppy seeds. However, it is faster and cheaper.

If you do choose to use both the screen and the test (the recommended method), you will only incur the cost of the test when an employee’s sample is marked as positive. A negative screen (no drugs) does not require additional testing. So, the added cost is not on every screen—only those that have questionable results.

The DOT and major corporations use this method—they use both the test and the screen. With this system, if an applicant shows a positive in the screen, the sample is then tested for specific substances (more on this later). The employer can then be sure that they’re not losing a great potential or current employee for a dose of cough syrup or a prescription antidepressant."

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

4. Thank you guys so much for the response. And I apologize about mentioning other drugs. I completely looked over that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1