18 And Balding :(

Discussion in 'General' started by MoneyBags420, May 1, 2012.

1. I'm only 18 years old and I've always grown my hair out really long. Last time i got a haircut in like october the barber mentioned something about me balding and to stop wearing hats, but i just kind of shrugged it off. My hair is super long right now and it's really thick in the middle of my scalp like it should be but on the sides its pretty thin. My hair only looks normal after i take a shower and comb it. Is there anything I can do to stop myself from balding and get my hair back to normal or do i should i just say goodbye to my hair and shave my head

2. If you do something like minoxodil/rogain you will have to continue using it in order to keep your hair, but it is an option. Just shave your head and call your self aero-dynamic.
    Built for speed... :p
    [​IMG]

3. i'm going to the doctor tomorrow to confirm that im balding but i most likely am since it runs in the family and what not

4. Dude im 19 and can see my corners coming up I feel ya! Once it passes the point of no return im shavin that shit

5. Did you other family members bald at 18 too?

Genetically speaking, to really tell if your going to bald or not you should look at your Mom's Dad and how things went down with his hair

Even with this in mind if you want to prevent balding you should keep your hair as healthy as possible;

You can wear a hat but make sure you allow a decent amount of time for your whole scalp/air to get high quality oxygen (outside)

Also you should switch to at least an organic shampoo or go completely natural and make it yourself

Good luck

6. try deodorant on yo head, it might help the grow

7. I've been bald since I was 15. Say goodbye and drink it away. Chicks dig it too.

8. Change your diet..
    Research about the things you use..
    Stop taking in toxic chemicals.
    Eat healthy.
    Exercise daily.
    Meditate daily.
    Use a chlorine filter in your shower.
    Use a natural shampoo.

With these things the most important thing you can do is accept yourself, and realize that you being self conscious about your hair only drawls peoples attention to your hair.

Once you dont give a fuck, the world wont give a fuck.

Hope this helps.

9. hey man im 20 and i never realized my hairline was receeding until a friend said something and even then i thought he was just bullshitting until i mentioned to other people and they had been noticed too -_- so i just rock a mohawk now. it bums me out but hey people say i rock the mohawk pretty good so dont worry too much theres ways around it

10. Soak your hair in the blood of a virgin.

Problem solved.

11. Even if it's hereditary, if you take good care of yourself you can often at least delay the inevitable, keep a thicker mane for longer, and enjoy a few extra years with a decent head of hair. :)

But if you're lucky, it may be a simple hormonal or chemical imbalance, caused in part due to a lack of certain essential minerals and vitamins or poor dietary behavior.

Before I began taking better care of myself, and before I began using certain oils to encourage my body to put the nutrition I ate to better use, due to digestion issues (resulting in an inability to absorb nutrition as easily as most folks), I was at risk for losing my hair and my teeth for a long while, and I'd often have rashes and irritation around the glands in my neck.

If you're suffering from any similar problems, or skin conditions, headaches, nausea; I strongly suggest that you see your primary care physician, and give him a little list of the seemingly-small troubles you're having.
    Among other things, it could be a thyroid issue.

Anyhow few simple tricks and supplements, along with coconut and flax oils, reversed a LOT of the damage I'd sustained to my skin and teeth, and filled my hair out thickening it back to 'normal', too. :)

Here are a few products, and a few tips, for healthier hair (some are products I've used myself, with success, others are products which some of my patients, both male and female, SWEAR by...) :)

Tips;

- Don't be afraid to brush, and occasionally massage your scalp!

Ignoring your scalp physically, can be almost as damaging as over-brushing and washing too much. Try one of those static-free brushes, with the nubby-ends on the bristles.. slowly brush while applying medium-pressure to the scalp.
    The more and thicker the bristles, the less likely it is to tangle and pull (ie. avoid brushes that have finger-sized spaces between each bristle.. unfortunately, most nubby-ended bristle brushes have WAY too few bristles.. a thick brush is much more gentle, and detangles much more easily).

- Try massaging oils, such as emu, coconut, jojoba and shea, into your scalp, place a sleeping cap or a shower cap on to protect your pillow, and wash it out in the morning, just once or twice a week (you may wish not to condition, during the day following this treatment... just cold-rinse the shampoo from your hair, and you'll be left with a light coating of oil from the night before).

- If you live in a city, or in a town that provides your water, and you can't afford a filter for the water exiting all the taps in your house, including your shower, try gently warming some store-bought distilled or RO water on the stove (or if you have a small RO filter, some of your own filtered water) and keep it in a clean jug, right next to the shower. Do your final rinse-off with this.. your hair AND your skin will thank you. :)
    I've lived in several towns and cities where, if you boil down just a small cup of water, you're left with far too much white, acrid/chloromine-smelling sediment. When that water dries on your skin, your body, via your skin and hair, is left to either absorb, or 'shed' and deal with that sediment.

- Some patients, myself included, swear that cannabis oils, added to shampoos and conditioners, speed the growth of hair/follicles currently present, and can even 'reawaken' those that have, for whatever reason, previously gone dormant.

There is precious little good 'science' to back this up, however. Some give the credit to the estrogen in the plant, others claim that the localized support, towards maintaining the endocannabinoid system, causes the improvement.

- And avoid 'amonium lauryl sulfates' in shampoos and body washes... this is a CHEAP foaming agent, unfortunately contained in MANY shampoos and sudsy soaps :( It's a cheap and harsh way to disrupt hydrogen bonding in water. And it's a fancy alternate word for sulfuric acid. [​IMG]

Sodium cocoyl sulfate is a bit better, as are sodium cocoyl glycinates, and sodium lauryl sulfoacetates, but even these should still be avoided when possible.

These foaming agents can not only damage your scalp and existing hair, but they strip too many of your natural and beneficial oils from your skin... leaving some natural oil behind, is a good thing!
    It's when your hair is completely stripped of natural oil, and those oils aren't immediately supplemented via a quality conditioner, that you very quickly get that 'limpness', as the oils in your scalp try to compensate and distribute again.

---

And some products... remember not to get discouraged if you don't see INSTANT results; many of the BEST and most effective treatments need 6 - 8 weeks to even begin working effectively, and can continue to work better, and better, for the several months following. :)

Now Foods, Derma-Vits, 90 Capsules - iHerb.com

Rexall Sundown Naturals, Hair, Skin & Nails, 120 Caplets - iHerb.com

Natrol, NuHair, Hair Regrowth System for Men, 30-Day Kit - iHerb.com

Natrol, DHEA, 25 mg, 90 Tablets - iHerb.com

(I use this specific 'Avalon' conditioner, a few times a week :) )
    Avalon Organics, Biotin B-Complex Therapy Thickening Conditioner, 14 oz (397 ml) - iHerb.com

(I use Dr Woods often, too :) _
    Dr. Woods, Pure Almond Castile Soap, Hemp Seed Oil & Olive Oil, 32 fl oz (944 ml) - iHerb.com

Biotene H-24, Natural Conditioner with Biotin Phase II, 8.5 fl oz (250 ml) - iHerb.com

Lucky Tiger, Head To Tail, Shampoo and Body Wash, 8 fl oz (240 ml) - iHerb.com

Real Purity, Hair Repair Shampoo, 8 oz (236 ml) - iHerb.com

Natrol, NuHair, Thinning Hair Serum, For Men & Women, 3.1 fl oz (93 ml) - iHerb.com

Now Foods, Biotin, 5,000 mcg, 120 Vcaps - iHerb.com

FutureBiotics, Nutrition For Men, Hair, Skin & Nails, 135 Tablets - iHerb.com

I HIGHLY recommend coconut oils, hemp and flax seed oils (for the Omegas), and emu oils... all of which can be used topically, and all of which (except in some cases, the emu oil, if it's not food grade.. if it's AEA certified, it should be safe for consumption, assuming the packaging is up to standards for food grade materials) can be eaten... I frequently use ALL of the below. :)

Nutiva, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 54 fl oz (1.6 L) - iHerb.com

Nutiva, Organic Hemp Oil, Cold Pressed, 8 fl oz (236 ml) - iHerb.com

Flax USA, Inc., Organic Cold-Pressed Flax Oil, 8 fl oz (236 ml) - iHerb.com

Kalaya Calandri, Emu Essentials, Emu Oil, 4 fl oz - iHerb.com

(The above is a cheap option for topical emu oil.. here are some better choices)
    Emu Gold, Emu Oil, 100% All Natural, Extra Strength, 2 fl oz - iHerb.com

Nutra Origin, Omega 3-6-9, Emu Oil Supplement, 90 Softgels - iHerb.com

Nutra Origin, Emu Oil, Topical Skin Therapy, 4 oz (118 ml) - iHerb.com

I am by NO means suggesting that you try all of these! :p

They are just a few good starting points, and may even lead you to some better options for yourself specifically, once you begin researching... pick one or three that you can afford, get both topical and oral supplements, and see how you go from there. :)

Hope this helps. :)

12. think of it this way, when your bald and meet new people they will assume that you have been bald forever. So better to lose your hair early then later. that way people just assume you have been bald and have never seen you with hair to judge you. or cry like a little girl either or works.

13. My seminar teacher is like 23 and is very noticably balding. I give him so much shit. Just dont become a teacher. Students are assholes.