18/6 or 24/0?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by simster, May 11, 2005.

1. hey what vegitation schedule is better? I dont have a HPS light yet(its on its way) , just a 75 watt "grow lamp" I got from home depot...they grow under it but i was just wondering what type of light timing i should use for it.

2. 24/0 will result in a better yield, so go for that during your veg stage.

NP

3. hey thanks for the reply. I have one more question to. i have 150 watt HPS light and a 400 watt HPS light on its way to me. I will be growing 4 plants in my closet with one of them...witch one do you think would be better...would it be nessissary to have a 400 watt going....because im worried about heat problems with it..would the 150 work or is that not enough juice?

4. The more juice during veg stage, the better. For four plants especially, I might even use both.

Make sure you watch the temp closely, if it gets to hot (near the plants and the rooms general temp) you will need to get some vents in there.

Keep us posted

NP

5. Make sure you read guides on gorwing, because with 24/0, the plant will veg for as long as you have the lights on. You need to force flowering eventually...

You probably already know this as its very basic, I'm just making sure you dont get the wrong idea from my post.

NP

6. yea i know about the flowering and stuff...thats a month or two down the road thogh..right now im just trying to get the biggest, healthyest plants i can. I think i might start with the 150...thats still twice as much power as i got now AND its a HPS..but if they seem to grow slowly or not well then I put the 400 watt up and look into something to control the heat.

7. u dont want 24/0 unless they are clones or SEEDLINGS..

do 18/6 during veg stage..trust me

think of it like staying up alll night, and when u wanna go to bed, someone slaps u and tells u to get on with the next day.. lol..plants need res too

did you know... Plants actually grow more during the DARK stage than the light stage??

food 4 thought

8. i agree with thc 101, 24/0 for seedlings and clones, then veg 18/6. I would also save your self the troubble of switching out lights and such and just use the 400 watt, general rule is 100 watt per plant.

by the way sup thc101, we live close to eachother hehe =P I bet my shits better then urs lets both meet somewhere and each bring a half and smoke away lol.. nah forreal tho wassup.

9. Hahaha. the chances are, we get the same kind of dank..

but i DO know that i get some 1 hit wonder shit.

where u located?

PM me if you wanna meet up sometime! :smoke:

10. I'm with the 18/6 spilt guys for veg. Mine seemed to stand still when I kicked them over to 24/0 for 8 days and relaunched into life again when I resumed 18/6!

It's only my first grow but that's what I found.

Good luck with it!

11. :D

im glad your learning new things bopper

so 18/6 it is!