175w mh closet grow ww

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 73kafer, Sep 19, 2010.

1. hey everyone wats up ? i just got a mh 175watts i have it on 18/6 over some white widow clones and 7 seedling that are unknown strains and i was wondering how many lumens my bulb produces ii read somewhere around 14,000 lumens?? i also have a sun system 150w hps for flower im growing in a 2x7x7 closet that im going to split in half or just buy a tent when i harvest my outdoor but anyways how much will my power bill be ive been using cfls for a year wat a waste of time my clone have double the growth they had from a month under the cfls in 3 days its amazing ...i keep wanting to go into the light...lol but any help would be awesome im also using one of those water vaporizers for my humidity is that okay?

2. so why was this moved ??

3. so is anyone going to reply its kinda fucked 66 views and nobody said a word

4. So are you planning on just runnin the hps for flower?or are you going to run both the mh and hps?and also I'm curious about when you plan on switching to flower? I have a similar setup so I'm anxious to see what happens with your grow. Sounds like you've done your homework so good luck on this . Ill be watching to see what happens.

5. yeah well im think of just running it in flower because of the stretch from the hps i dont want it in the veg side but i still gotta but a bulb for the sun system but im running the mh right now and its doing the 6 clones and 6 seedlings justice there growing nice at least a set of leaves every day and im using omri pura vida grow at 1/4 strenght oh and i built a small bubbleponics bucket 1gal its made out of a ice cream bucket painted green with a air stone and a net pod i took a seedling and washed off the dirt from the root and stuck it in there with the roots in the water and its been two day and its growing 2tsp omri grow and a half tsp of bloom since it has cal-mag and trace minerals i hope the seedling doesnt male on me cause ive only successfully havest a hydro crop once out of 2 trys and it was a top feed set up with lava rock talk about nute lock and everything went wrong bud the bud was dank so lets see wat happens

oh and my homie has another 150hps maybe ill run them both thats like 30,000 lumens i could just put mylar on the windows in my backroom and grow in the middle of the room 2 150hps and a mh in the middle 475watts of hid ??? should i and how much would the pg&e go up because it went down 50bucks cause i quit running an excess num. of shitty cfls would it go back up...would it be cheaper to run 3 ballasts or just go buy a 400watt switchable?:smoke: anyone in fresno clovis area hit me up if your 215 compliant i gots some bubba kush on deck cheap $10 a g

6. I would definitely try and run the two hps lights, unless you are planning on switching them to flower somewhat early. Six plants is a lot for just a single 150w hps, but if you run both you will have more coverage and more room to grow out bushes. It won't cost much more,it will be worth it because It will double your harvest, and your plants will definitely thank you for it!

7. If I were you I would probably just use the mh for clones and maybe a mother plant and veg them under it. And have a separate flowering room with just the hps. I really don't know how much a mh's spectrum would help during flower. People really have mixed emotions about it, some say it gives the buds more trichomes some say it makes buds leafy and fluffy. I honestly think the more spectrums the better, but why use them all for flower when you can always have another batch growing !