16 hours light a day early veg??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by google122, Apr 2, 2013.

1. My plant is about 6-7 after sprout, it has a set of round leaves and about1 inch set of barbed leaves and another set is a quarter way in. due to me having school and my parents being home the entire time, i must hide it away from a light source. school lasts 8 hours, meaning it will get 16 hours. is this sufficient or will it die on me or turn hermie

2. i need help before tonight, i have school tomoro please help

3. fuck it i have to, ill let u know how it goes tomorow i guess

4. As long as you can keep it a consistant 8 hours of darkness then 16 hours of light you should be fine. In the summer we run our grow lights at night and off during the day. Inconsistent light hours can cause hermies.

5. As long as it receives more than 14 hours of constant light it should remain in veg. of course the more daylight you can give the more growth you will have. under 16/8 growth will be slow so you may wanna veg a little longer than usual. imo

6. I`ve had sexualy mature plants that were a couple of months old go into flowering on 14 hours of light. If the plant isn't sexualy mature yet then it wont go into flowering until its about 1 1/2 to 2 months old.

7. I think 14hr is what triggers veg so as long as you have at least 14 it will veg.

8. Last year we tried to get a head start on our outdoor summer grow. Vegged some plants to 1 1/2 to 2 months. By then they were sexualy mature and a few weeks after planting them outside they started to go into flowering then as the days got longer they tried to revert back to veg. We even slowly dropped the indoor timer down from 18/6 to 14/10 over the course of a month. 1 hour a week. Now if we would have started them on a straight 14 hour light schedule we probably would have been fine or could have supplemented them with a few more hours of light after the sun goes down. But we didn't think of that. I think our biggest mistake was that we should have had them on a straight 14 hour light schedule.

9. damn today i had to do something after school and it was in the dark an extra hour? will it become hermie now??

10. no. the world will implode though

11. They need at least14 and 1/2 hours to stay in veg. Anything over 15 is a safe bet. at 16 he's good to go.

12. alright. thanks. no need for sarcasm but everyday there's about 10 min leeway between light/dark transitions. also about once every other day i get sketched out and turn off my light for about 30 seconds. ik im stupid. how likely is it to be a hermie now?

13. what do you mean you get sketched out? I wouldn't turn my lights off unless I could see giant flames and bright blue sparks coming from my wardrobe. im assuming that hasn't happened

14. Do your parents know?

15. Your plants wont hermie while it is still on veg, but screwing with the light cycles during flower will screw you up. Buy a timer, so the lights come on at the correct times.

If your hiding your little felony from your parents, can't manage to do things correctly, and get paranoid so easily then you should probably consider a different hobby. Imagine how paranoid you will be in full flower with a stinky ass plant and something really weird happens. Trust me, you haven't seen freaked out yet but you will by the time you finish a grow. Growing isn't for everyone unfortunetly.

16. Dude you either need to just plant it in the woods or stop growing in your house. Once that thing gets to flowering its going to be REALLY pungent and the only way you can stop they smell is with fans and filters 24/7... which will be loud enough for your parents to catch on.