16 day old plants small . help!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by magicc, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Genetics is what is causing it, dont forget that some plants are better for growing hemp (Fiber) and some are better for bud, the ones that stretch and have a lot of stem are usually better for fiber, if that makes any sense.

2. i've got that problem too i planted 2 seeds at the same time and 1 has always been bigger than the other they both females so size dont determine the sex of the plant nor does it say theres something wrong plants are like us humans some of us maybe the same race (strain) but we all different same as original plants

also i can tell you my plants showed they were female at about 6 weeks old so it shouldnt be too long before you see hairs or balls with any luck you will have girls (hairs) if you do have boys (balls) and girls you always have the choice to produce seed its completely upto you

give them food am possitive they be big in no time start feeding now then every 2-3 weeks after to be honest your plants look fine to me

3. That's good, I'm glad it's not a problem :)

4. Exactly... I attached some of mine after one week. It is literally right under my CFL's now, and since it has been the growth has increased greatly, it stretched at first (the first week I had like 2 or 3 bulbs, mounted way too high and inefficiently)

They need as much light as possible, and the bulbs don't produce much heat especially when there is enough ventilation

Attached Files:

5. My girls are stretching bad but I can't put the light any closer. Why would they stretch like that

6. im using HPS ive done 3 grows so far and they all stretch but then fill out later on i really cant see stretching been a problem it always seems to work out after 3 weeks or so

7. DSCN9924.jpg

DSCN9925.jpg

DSCN9926.jpg

DSCN9927.jpg

DSCN9928.jpg

DSCN9929.jpg

DSCN9930.jpg

DSCN9931.jpg

DSCN9932.jpg
    Hey guys im back with an update. they have not gotten much bigger but i guess its enough to report. im having some problems with one of my plants . as you can see one has some yellowing on the tips of its leaves. im worried for it . does anybody have any idea what this might be? i have given it no nutes , so what is the problem?

8. Exactly that, you have not given it any nutrients, and that soil looks like (Like someone before mentioned) it came from a baseball field, invest in some earthworm castings, molasses and eventually some high p and k fertilizers. Get some FFOF or something. Even if you have your own compost just topdress it.

9. Ya man my seedlings same age are getting noticeable bigger every day dunno what's Wong wot urs

10. So the yellowing is being caused by no nutes?

11. It looks like a deficiency yes, chlorosis on older leaves (Pulling nutrients for newer growth) is a good sign of nitrogen def, but I'm sure its lacking many nutrients as well, which if not fixed soon will show some even more drastic symptoms.

12. I am not a pro but I don't think you need nutrients for a plant that small all I'm using right now is ph balance tap water

13. As others have said, you need more light. Samson gave some good advice.

If I can additionally suggest, if you can transplant to a bigger pot, do so. Think if you had shoes on that were too tight...not comfortable right? That tap root hit the bottom of the cup long ago and roots are probably circling round and round.

If you're low on funds, forget nutrients and fancy soil and just get more lights like Samson said.

I don't care if people say different, MJ will grow in just about anything except sand. I found a healthy little plant in soil that was pure clay with no drainage. Opposite of what most of us use. I mean to say is that we forget that we baby this plant but it has grown for millenia with no help from humans under very adverse conditions.

I love growing and smoking Sensi Star and it doesn't need much it's relatively easy to grow. You are not going to get it produce very much and if you do it might not be the best if could have been. Try to give your plants some growing space and lights and see what happens. Learn from this one and try again with more preparation.

Good looking out for finding some Sensi Star seeds in your dank! Damn I pay a lot for my seeds cuz I can't remember that last time I found any seeds in my weed.

14. Thanks guys!!! I am low on funds as I'm sure you all can tell, when it comes to transplanting , truly I'm afraid to mess up which is why I havent done it yet. How do you guys handle it?

15. The roots on MJ are different than other plants, I've found, much more sensitive. No worries, when that small it's easy and know that they'll recover, may need extra growing time. The veg period can be weeks to years, you control it.

Just remember that right now, with respect to your plants, your job is to keep the plant alive until you can provide better growing environment. Eventually you'll need to feed it some nutrients. Again, it needs to live so it needs food.

In this case, the fact that it's a small plant is in your favor. The root ball is approximately the same size of the visible part of the plant.

My method is to dry my plant out an extra day then transplant. Dried out is just easier to work with. It helps if your plant is thirsty so as to do the "water in" in the new pot.

Get a bigger pot ready and dig out a well to stick your rootball.

Turn that cup with the plant upside down without crushing the stem and the whole works with the soil should come out in your palm. If not, give the bottom a good whack or squeeze & unsqueeze the cup but your want take that mass and put it in the well you dug out.

I like to bury the stem a little so it becomes a squat little thing. Put more dirt on top as in top dress.

Nothing to fear, takes a little practice and if you don't get it perfect know that the plant is probably not going to die as a result of your transplant. You'll probably do other things to kill it. (JK!) Unless you break a helleva lot of roots,it's gauranteed to do better than it is now. Maybe if you phuck it up it will be stunted but it will recover, as in not dead yet! :D

Don't be scared off, as you should do it as soon as you think you can. Personally, I transplant one time only because it's a PITA and I'm kinda lazy. Pick a big enough pot for your the new lights your will eventually get and your plant to stretch out her roots under her current light regimen. I hope you get girls and that they will flower because Sensi Star is fire,which you know since you found it in your bag! GL

16. [quote name='"magicc"']Thanks guys!!! I am low on funds as I'm sure you all can tell, when it comes to transplanting , truly I'm afraid to mess up which is why I havent done it yet. How do you guys handle it?[/quote]

I'm a noob but transplanting is easy just wet the dirt really good then the next morning cut the cup down length wise and across the bottom and just Peel it off
    Have your new bucket pre soak with water dig a little hole in the middle and place the clump of dirt in the hole it easy its one of the only things I have not screwed up at some point. Good luck

17. Id definetly throw more light on them, andget a fan on them, keep the lights around 3 inches away from the bulb. you dont want them to start stretching right away, maybe a little LST would be nice too on those babies

Attached Files:

18. More photos

Attached Files:

19. and more photos, P.S. all photos are in order im currently on day #23

Attached Files:

20. I thought about just putting them on 12/12 and hoping they flower. I believe I might be seeing what is pre-flower where the leaves stem out. What do you guys think?