16 day old leaf tips turning brown w/pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jb5355, Feb 18, 2011.

1. #1 jb5355, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    anyone know what my problem is? here is a little info.
    PH is 5.9
    PPM 185
    it is 16 days old and a few days ago the tips of the leafs started turning yellow/brown and the stems on the new growth are purple. so is the main stem but its been that way. there are 5 roots in the water. im using FF grow big/big bloom. 1/4 strength

Attached Files:

2. The brown could be due to over-use of nutrients, or lack of nutrients (since I see yellow, which I'm not an expert on this, but I think might be nitrogen deficiency). The purple could be (i'm guessing, so forgive me if im wrong) potassium deficiency, or simply your room is too cold. Yet again, I guess, but I think any room below the 60's could coldshock your bud into turning purple.

If your room is too cold, which could be because of a fan, try to fix that. At the end of a flower cycle, the plant can stand a cold shock. During veg, it'll stunt growth and in flower, it'll dramatically decrease your yield. Please anyone correct any of my mistakes. I'm a new grower myself and don't know a whole lot. xD Love to learn. Good luck!

3. anybody else have any idea? the plant and its roots are still growing everyday. but the yellow/brown spots seem to be spreading.

4. Too much nutrients bro, the plant looks way too young to be getting any nutes. Try flushing it and wait until you have two or three nodes before feeding.

5. so i should just run ph'd water until its bigger?

6. Yes you should

7. Absolutely :)