150w mh with a 250w balast?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cristal, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Hi
    I have a 250w electronis sonlight balast that can handle both, hps and mh. Can i use an 150w mh with that balast without damaging the lamp, what could happen?

2. google it, you'll find it

3. If you knew the answer you could have helped me out. I think thats why are this forums, for information exchange. Forums would not have to many users if everyone have searched google for his answer. Thanks!!

4. No, the ballast has to be matched to the lamp. 250 watt ballast, 250 watt lamp. Also be sure to match the lamp type to the proper ballast even though the wattage is the same. HPS ballast to HPS lamp, Metal halide ballast to metal halide lamp and mercury vapour lamp to mercury vapour ballast.

Their i googled it for you, i just found that in 5 seconds.
    Yes thats what these forums are for but if you have something that can be easily answered, like your question, just google it.

5. It just means it can handle up to a 250w bulb.

6. Listen you have 5 posts so dont get cocky noob, just get some common sense before you post a thread

7. Wrong, if you do that it will make the bulb burn out fast

8. Ok thanks, the balast is an electronic sonlight and it can handle both mh and hps but i didnt know what would happen if i use it with a 150w mh.

9. You will run it way hot until it blows. If you are lucky you won't start a fire. Do not try it.

10. Got it!! Thanks!!