150w hps

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Teaje, May 13, 2017.

1. pretty damn new. Best set up I've had. Trying to make just a chip barely in electric bill

Attached Files:

2. How far is it from the plants, either the photo is really bright or you're burning the crap out of it with the hps, or nute burn?

3. Yea one got burned the first light cycle. Before I got the thermohydro. Dude at the hydroponics store said I could put it inches away. I'm trying to get everything right right now with temperature and humidity with the light where it is now. It's about 12" now. Isn't burning. But when I shut my grow room it gets too hot. When I open humidity goes too low

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. The one on the left I just moved in today. You can see the difference tho. Bought them same time same size. The one on the right was under a normal led first. Didn't feel it was doing the job. That was for 2 days now I've had the hps going about 4 days

5. Here are close ups.

Attached Files:

6. Yeah I hear some stories about those guys. I wouldn't listen to him again but think you know that.

Any chance you can take a photo with normal lighting, hard to see it's true color. Also have you topped yet and what is your total head height?

Grants on the set up. I would of went with a T5 HO unit(those you can put inches away). How is the temps doing? Also have you grown before?

7. No. Never harvested my own. Tried back when I was like 13-16 tho a few times. Yea the hps lighting is making the camera weird. No , haven't topped. I want to tho. But also want to get to flowering in the next couple weeks . The temp has been pretty high with the light on, I have 2 fans also. Trying to get it tuned as we speak. Humidity is also troublesome.total head height I have 80 inches from floor to ceiling.

8. Too bad you don't have 80 inches wide instead hehe. If you are going to keep that thing maybe see if you can get a MH bulb. I think the 150 hps isn't worth the trouble tbh, if you can return I would think about that and go with CFL. But if your stuck your stuck. I would top now.

9. What is a t5 ho set up? And what's the watts?

10. Yea I was gonna get the cfl with all the right spectrum. 50w less 100$ more expensive and smaller foot print tho. I'll try the hps . I always knew they were good. Not so sure about cfl tho. LED... now that's something I'm looking into and want to work toward

11. 600 watt mh/hps only adds like 20-25$ a month

• Like Like x 1
  12. Your going in what a 2x2?

13. And I could have 4'x8' set up. Real good. But I can't have the imprint on electric bill for that. Or I would of course. Why do u say 80" tho? Is there something better to do with 150w?

14. What is mh? And really? What about ventilation for that much tho

15. Whats the issue with the power is it the usage or the cost your worried about.

16. no its about a 22"x40"x80"

17. Well cost. I don't pay my utility and don't have permission

18. That would be with an inline fan. I use a 1000w with 3 fans only adds like 50$

19. What do you yield from that? I want to go bigger of course. Just trying to get the system Down before I drop bucks and risk anything

20. In
    inline fan? So like u have the intake and exhaust air vents?on the light and that's it? How big a grow space?