150w hps for 35x35x60cm ?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by b0vver, Mar 14, 2016.

Tags:
?

what u say?

1. Do it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I dont think so

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hmm..

100.0%
  1. #1 b0vver, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    Hello, lovely ppl :passtheshit:

There is my installation :
    - BlackBox Propagator v2 35x35x60cm
    - CFL 150w 2700К spiral
    - Reflector 32x25x12
    - Extraction : Winflex TT 147-185m3/h (using the second speed) (also -20/30% of speed because of the carbon filter)
    - Passive Intraction
    - PC fan
    - Carbon filter : Prima Klima (240m3/h)
    med_gallery_34101_3293_217961.jpg

So, actually i'm using a 150w CFL, and the hygro just under the lamp is 21-23°c and 40-55% of humidity and while grow, im really get tired of placing my buddy (LST'ed) always near my lamp as possible... so i was thinking to take a 150w HPS(with 30%+ of blue spectre) kit with mini Cooltube(125x300mm) kit-eti-20-eclairage-magnetic-150.jpg but the question is.. will it work without heat issues ? because if i buy it, i will be not able to return it , thats the problem... actually my Auto Blue Mystic from Nirvana is near to harvest and looks really good, but theres some little noticeable smell during the day if i dont refresh the air in my room 1 or twice a day, after getting the HPS, i think to buy some C99 seeds from Female Seeds bank, because all reviews are great and its what i was searching for, no smell, fast growing, and energetic high.

my plan in images!

actually: sketch-1457917126083~01.jpg
    what im thinking to do with HPS and Cooltube:
    sketch-1457917393170~01.jpg

2. Well, the HPS is the way to go because you will get bigger buds, but you cannot expect to keep your little grow tent cool if you intake air is coming from inside the same room as the exhaust that is coming out of your carbon filter. Seriously, if you cannot exhaust your grow room air into, another room, or attic, or outside, there is no way you will be able to run a 150w HPS and not have major heat issues. Radiating heat from a HPS is 3.7 times more than an equal true watt cfl.

• Like Like x 1
  3. somebody answered ! thank you mister! and what u can say about 100w HPS ? or it will be a bit worse compared to 150w CFL (in lumens) ?
    i wanted to set up 150w HPS because of grow reports of some russians(they can do everything), and some guy does it in a PC case, i will post pics a bit later.

4. Watts are Watts and create heat no getting around that part.. That said CFLs have the ballast-transformer built into the base..
    The HPS system your looking at is a remote ballast so that moves half of your heat production outside of your box..

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. hm.. actually the temp is about 24-26 (always JUST under the lamp), i think the cause is my computer cooler, he was cooling right on my CFL from the bottom, so now when i changed the position of the pot, its always 24-26

6. Why are u not placing the filter inside the tent and drawing the air in instead of forcing it out? Nearly every filtration system I have seen or used is drawing the air into the filter and letting the fan be the exhaust side.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. :wave: just because there's no space in my tent.
    IMG_20160312_014258.jpg IMG_20160312_014306.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have run mine right above the lights as well as along one of the supporting poles. That is a right fit and looking good.

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. also it makes a lot of noise, so actually its covered with sonodec and clothes.

10. Isn't it the fan making the noise and not the air going through the filter? Do not get me wrong the properties of air can be a bit noisy but not as bad as fluid hammer and harmonics effect of having high rates of air get bottle necked at the filter side and the air literally pounding your fan blades.

I found placing my fan on the top of the tents top vent hole eliminates vibrations pretty well.

Boxing the fan would seem to do more for ya after swapping the placement.

Have you experimented with differing placements?

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. #12 b0vver, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    hm.. i must test different placements but i dont have time to do it, because my installation is actually in stealth mode, and theres always ppl, with no idea of wtf is going on :ey:
    for now i can hear only the airflow and some liiittle vibration on my table.

what it looks like:
    IMG_20160320_233318-2.jpg
    behind (u can see the filter):
    IMG_20160131_211553.jpg

12. That is tight. As long as it works for ya then it works, lol. How many grows do u have under your belt?

• Like Like x 1
  13. im on the way to finish my first one, Blue Mystic auto (Nirvana), she's at day 84 now, 48h in the darkness and ill cut!

14. The absolute beginners thread has several good guides to include ventilation set up. I still go there and I have been growing on and off about 35 years or so. It is fun to see how complicated we make growing, jk.

• Like Like x 1