150 watt hps ballast from econolight

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by simster, May 30, 2005.

1. i got my ballast in, but it has no where to screw the bulb into, where can i get one of these? also where can i get a wiring diagram to hardwire this so i can plug it in

2. ok i tried to figure it out on my own. heres the situation.

on the ignitor it reads there are 3 wires coming from it. a red, a white, and a blue.
    on it it reads "red: to center contact of lamp socket/ blue: to ballast tap / white: to lamp shell"

on the ballast there are 3 wires coming fro it also. a red, a black, and a blue. I wired the ignior to the lamp shell I am using and connected the blue from each of them together. I then wired the red and black from the ballast to a power cord and plugged it in.

tested and got nothing. any suggestions? does it jsut take a while for the light to come on, i only left it plugged in for a few seconds cause i didnt want it to blow up or something if i wired it wrong.

3. WTF! I jsut found from overgrows growFAQs i need a fuckin capacitor. what the hell? i cant find one on the net to buy anywhere. e-conolight doesnt have any. anyone know of somewhere i can get one? this is fuckin stupid, why dont they sell the whole thing for the 150? no wonder econolight is so cheap, it doesnt came with all the parts. I know it my fault for not doing my homework...this just pisses me off though.

4. Simster,

Are the lamps you're talking about fluoro's? If so, I use them but mine have built in ballasts (I have a 125w and a 200w). I've seen the ones that require a separate ballast / capacitor. There's a seller on Ebay(UK) who sells everything you need. It'll cost you for postage though. Does the place where you bought the lamp from not have any ideas for you?
    Do a google search and you should find something.

Hope it works out for you.

Polski.

5. no the light is a 150 watt HPS bulb, ill look at that on ebay. thanks