150 watt HPS - Bagseed - 2nd Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GrowWithMe, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Hey guys, what's going on? I've been on the forum before and had a lot of help with my first grow which ended up better than I thought. First grow was two plants under CFL's and I ended up harvesting 2.5 oz's from them total. I figure with this light upgrade I should see better results, and I can't wait to try it out.

I just bought a tent, to keep the area controlled, and am now within the dimensions of 4 feet long, 2 feet wide, and 7 feet tall. The walls are lines up with Mylar, it's a really solid tent I got from the hydro store. Also have a 4 inch fan for ventilation but figure that if it's not enough I can use my 8 inch one, which I also have. Was gonna run with the 4 inch though to see how well it goes.

I'm still in the planning stage, but am about to pop some germed seeds into the FFOF soil I have and go from there. My first grow I used coco, so this'll be a first with the soil. Hopefully it's a positive change. I'm not too sure how far to place the light from the seedlings though once they pop, and that's why I started this thread now as opposed to later, just so I can have the answer before I get there.

If anyone has experience with a 150 watt HPS and can help me with the distance question that'd be great. Or if anyone just wants to chip in with advice or just wants to tag along for the grow, that's cool too. My last grow was really fun mostly because I was able to talk to other people about it and exchange info and thoughts, so let's do that again! Haha.

Thanks ahead of time for any input you guys have. I'll be posting pics of the area soon just to show what it'll be like.