15 States file to secede from the Union.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by stoned4sure003, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Read it. Amazed. But too high to discuss intellectually. Sub'd for later viewing. Wow.

2. Ridiculous; states cannot secede via petition and as a matter of fact whoever started this wave of bullshit should be tried for sedition and possible treason. We fought a civil war over this and more people died than in any other war in a American history. Just a bunch of angry redneck morons.Obama won the popular vote and the electoral college fair and fucking square. If Romney won would democrats be doing this? No.

3. there was another thread discussing this, it is not possible without violence. the group that is in control, ie the feds, will kill anyone who tries this. it has happened in the past and will again if push comes to shove. for those with the power, it is whats mine is mine, whats yours is mine, kill or be killed and dont tread on me

4. Where in the fuck were you people when Bush was waging wars in the middle east and sending my cousins to fight and die for no reason? Where were you the past 8 years before Obama took office? NO WHERE TO BE FOUND that is where. Funny how we get a black president and a democratic party majority in the senate and NOW there is an uproar from the fox news watchers. Screw you hypocrites.

5. [quote name='"sonofchess"']Ridiculous; states cannot secede via petition and as a matter of fact whoever started this wave of bullshit should be tried for sedition and possible treason. We fought a civil war over this and more people died than in any other war in a American history. Just a bunch of angry redneck morons.Obama won the popular vote and the electoral college fair and fucking square. If Romney won would democrats be doing this? No.[/quote]

It's not because he's a democrat, it's because he's a dumbass.

6. I think it's more or less a lot of people are just sick of the government and it was bound to happen weather Obama or Romney won. It just woulda been 4 years later. People are sick of them saying one thing and doing another.

7. Can any of those states, aside from Texas, survive on their own? This is just a bunch of rednecks cloaking their racist agenda with shitty reasoning. I see it as an act of treason. There are ways to discuss your discontent and get shit done. Maybe if all these people spoke up for actual problems instead of getting their panties in a bunch because we have a black president.

8. I say let them but not give them any aid most those places would be like 3rd world countrys

9. I think Texas can actually legally secede and would be self-sustaining. Not sure about the rest of the states though.

10. So you have never actually done a tour or been enlisted for that matter? Where was I when Bush was raging war????......wtf I was probably walking my fucking ass up and down mountains setting up my gun position or watching another of my brothers get killed or injured. I was there for 15 months I would like to know where the fuck Bush was?! I'm not at all racist and think that Obama may have some good ideas, but a centralized power with as much influence as the government has on people today causes problems. It hasn't worked out yet. So I challenge you to call a disabled veteran of Afghanistan a hypocrite.

11. I was doing the same thing just in Iraq. Our government is way to big, i dont think our founding fathers wanted a big centralized government. State gov. need to have to last say in what goes on in their state plan and simple. The federal government should only be there for issues to large for the state to take care of.

12. Texas actually has enough votes to pass the threshold. It doesn't mean anything really though. If it worked like that marijuana would have been made legal as soon as they set that site up.

13. Tx iz tha only state that could be self-sustaining. We were our own country till tha late 1800s. Nobodys perfect, and if u dont like something move, get tha fuck out and live in a 3rd world country like Pakistan where u have to walk 5mi to have water.

14. I don't think any of the states could survive on their own. If the states were to separate from the federal government, the states would have to also need to have their own medicare, social security, ect. Fed tax would become state tax. State tax would become county tax. (probably an exaggeration) I'm all for smaller government, but to separate may not be a good idea. Btw, states tried to separate after at least the last 3 elections.

Some people are fed up with the economy and i guess that is why almost a million people from all 50 states have signed the petition... IMHO. ;-)

15. [quote name='"halokiller99"']I say let them but not give them any aid most those places would be like 3rd world countrys[/quote]

Lol 3rd world countries were not allied with the us or ussr during the cold war
    1st world=allied with us and western euro
    2nd=allied with ussr
    3rd= neutral

16. Why The States Must Secede To Save America

Declaration of Independence 2.0: Restoring the Republic
    November 16, 2012

Radio host Alex Jones today called for a second American Revolution led by states who would secede from the federal government and reconstitute the Republic under the terms of the Declaration of Independence, bill of rights and constitution. Read the transcript here » TRANSCRIPT: Alex Jones

The call for Americans to rally behind a restoration of the Republic and the bill of rights comes on the back of a burgeoning secessionist movement that has swept the country with residents from all 50 states submitting petitions to the White House calling for states to withdraw from the union and form their own independent governments. The petitions have received a combined number of signatures totaling over a million.

During his nationwide broadcast today, Jones laid out the battle plan for secession, emphasizing that states must first secede from the federal government, which has gone rogue, and then use the terms of the Declaration of Independence to restore the Republic, not create a new country.

Jones stressed that he was calling for a cultural restoration in the spirit of the bill of rights – a newly unified America under the Constitution – and not a violent overthrow, noting that it was the states that created the Constitution and the federal government in the first place.

Jones noted that the only course to restoring liberty was clear – “To follow the founding document of the Republic, the Declaration of Independence, wherein it is clearly stated that it is the right and the duty of the American people, when their government becomes destructive and tyrannical, to abolish and reconstitute it in a form that protects our liberties.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ReWpcNpb4&feature=player_embedded]Talk Show Host Calls For Second American Revolution! - YouTube[/ame]

“We are not calling for secession to form new separate countries, we are calling for secession because the states created the Constitution, bill of rights and federal government, and the federal government itself has been hijacked by foreign special interests – mainly banking cartels,” said Jones.

“I am calling for people to be educated about how we can secede to restore the Republic,” said Jones, warning that the media was attempting to characterize the entire movement as a plot to bring down America when in fact America has already been captured and taken over by the political and financial elite.

“This is the states putting their foot down and saying we are going to reconstitute the federal government under the bill of rights and constitution, we're going to kick out the bureaucrats, the lobbyists, the foreign criminals, and the Federal Reserve who have taken over,” explained Jones.

The radio host also put the call out for Congressman Ron Paul to head up such a movement and utilize his vast network of grass roots liberty-loving activists to lead the charge, as well as using his contacts in each state to begin the process of secession in the legislature.

Harvard constitutional law scholar and adviser to Ron Paul, Edwin Viera, appeared on the syndicated radio broadcast and agreed with Alex Jones' constitutional battle plan, with the declaration of independence as the centerpiece of legal authority.

Ron Paul's former congressional chief of staff and founder of the Von Mises institute, Lew Rockwell, also appeared on the special broadcast and concurred with Jones' strategy that now is the time to launch our offensive and restore the republic.

The right of the people to reconstitute their government if it becomes oppressive and onerous is clearly outlined in the Declaration of Independence.

“That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.”

Preamble, Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.

In the aftermath of petitions from all 50 states to secede being posted on the White House website and signed by over a million Americans, the secessionist movement has been portrayed as anti-American, unpatriotic and even treasonous. In reality, as Ron Paul has emphasized, it is as American as apple pie and George Washington.

The most popular petition out of all 50 that have been posted on the White House website applies to Texas and reads as follows;

“The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.”

The call for states to secede from the union, one now backed by over a million Americans, is part of a wider disenfranchisement with how the country has been infested and hijacked by a crony political elite and the principles of the founders decimated.

As over a million Americans express their disenfranchisement with the federal government by supporting a secessionist movement that has spread like wildfire, it is time to call for a new declaration of independence and a new commitment to restore the Republic in the face of an enemy that has subverted America from within.

The United States government has been seized by domestic and foreign banking cartels. This fact is so transparently obvious that talking heads on CNBC now laugh about it.

While Americans are being told to brace for tax hikes, spending cuts and a myriad of other austerity measures, the Federal Reserve has been sending trillions of dollars to foreign banks.

The federal government is supposed to represent the states, but it doesn't, it represents the interests of the political and banking elite who themselves have no allegiance whatsoever to America.

Infowars is calling on patriots to start a movement to draft Ron Paul as the head of a brand new effort to restore the Republic, restore the bill of rights and opt out of the counterfeit America the banking elite has subverted and fashioned to serve their own interests.

The establishment media is already demonizing the secessionist movement as a rag-tag group of fringe kooks and paranoid racists, when in reality as the Daily Caller uncovered, it is comprised of former Marines, parents, business owners and ordinary mechanics.

Meanwhile, Obama supporters and other statists have called on the government to punish those putting their signatures to the secession petitions by having them stripped of their citizenship, deported and exiled.

It's time to re-assert the narrative on secession and put it in its proper context, which is not an infantile reaction to the fact that Barack Obama won the election, but an expression of extreme uneasiness at the direction in which the country is heading, a widespread discontent that has been ongoing for long before Obama even took office, and a new commitment calling on states to nullify unconstitutional laws and regulations and secede from the increasingly tyrannical federal government.

Watch Ron Paul's farewell speech below in which he skewers authoritarianism in all its forms and captures the true spirit of liberty which should drive the movement to secede from the federal government and reconstitute America under the Declaration of Independence.
    Congressman Ron Paul's Farewell Speech to Congress - YouTube

» Why The States Must Secede To Save America Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

17. States don't have to survive on their own. It would be in everyone's best interest to form a smaller union catering to states rights.

18. Exactly!!