15 Hydro BB Set-up w/ basic diagram questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by PAMountainMan, Feb 20, 2011.

1. I want to construct a basic BB system with a direct flow through all 15 buckets and then back into the reservoir. I am here to ask if this system will work. I am going to upload a diagram I constructed real quick and see what your opinions are.

Also, a list of what I'm purchasing.

15 - 5 Gallon Buckets
    Reservoir (Unsure of size?)
    35' - 1" PVC
    6 - 1 " 90 elbows
    40 - Rubber Grommets
    15 - Lids/Net Pots 6"
    425 GPH Water Pump
    2 - 70 Liter Air Pump
    40' Air Tubing

The way I have the flow going is this going to work? I didn't include air pumps on diagram.

Attached Files:

2. thats called an under current system.. yes it will work.. very nice design.. with that many plant sites your going to need larger lines... and a massive inline pump... lemme find the forum that deals with under current designs.. they also have a link to the place to get uniseals from.. austrila or something...

3. Thanks for the links.. The list of stuff on the design is not correct, I still need to change that. As far as replacing water, do I just re fill reservoir when it's empty? or do I need to add two shut off valves so I can remove/refill the reservoir?

Again, thanks for help!

4. that would depend on how easy you want to make things for you and space and money requirements

the easiest thing to do is have a 55 gallon drum for premixing nutes and holding water for the plants to keep the water at a constant level... and have a inline pump in the controller bucket to help pull the water out of the entire system for exchanging the water

I could sit down and really spell things out, but really its going to depend on your grow space environment and budget and size constraints...

my advice to you is sit down and really study peoples designs and copy a good one.... branching out could spell problems

or do an ebb and flow... both rock, once again it depends on how you wanna grow