14 hours of light in the last 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hardsmoker, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Recently I watched this marijuana growing video by THC labs, and there was this guy who said he gets fantastic yields by increasing the amount of light to 14 hours a day in the last 2 weeks of flowering. He really seemed to know what he is talking about, so I dunno.
    What do you guys think...should we brake the rules?

2. Not familiar with this. In fact, I have heard the opposite, to increase the dark to 14 hrs per day at the end of flowering. The theory behind increasing the dark is to simulate the onset of Fall which is the end of "mating season" and is supposed to trigger the plant to fatten up and add extra resins in a desparate attempt to catch any last-chance pollen. But to be honest, I've never run a side-by-side test with identical plants and identical conditions with different end-of-flower light cycles, so I don't really know.

3. I've read about something called "long cycling", where you still give the plants 12 hours of darkness, but you increase the light hours... to maye 15 hours of light, 12 hours of dark. no longer operating on 24 hour days. the plants apparently do most of their work in the dark period during flowering, so they still have the same amount of time there, but they're getting more energy to use from the longer hours of absorbing light. I'd like to test it out, but I can't right now, because it's summer time and it gets very hot here. I've got to have the dark period during the day so it doesn't get too hot, and if I started working on a 27 hour or higher day then eventually it would be light out during the hot part of the day and it would get too hot in there. I might try it in fall. If anybody here is willing to try I'd like to see the results.