14 days of flowering, question??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hydroled420, Jul 8, 2017.

1. 14 days in flowering, hasn't grown much more in the past few days just more hairs.
    Is it still safe to do just 1 more trim up? Some fan leaves blocking light and under growth that ain't gonna do much but take nutes and energy?
    I wanna trim once more but I know I'm getting close to dead line of touching my plant but I don't want a hermie. lol.
    So opinions and suggestoons please :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Perfect time to do some pruning. Start topping eveything

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Topping during flowering I'm not sure if I wanna do that.? I'm just talking about pruning up some fan leaves for more light to enter the canopy and some little under growth that ain't gonna produce shit. Lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I was just messing. You are supposed to do the bottom 1/3 right before flowering. But remove some of the bottom and the leaves covering bud sites

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lol. I have already done the 1/3rd which is preferred as lolllipopping your plant. I have also done some defolition at 7 days into flowering and now we're at 14 which. 2 weeks into flowering is usually when plants stop developing anymore leaves or growth and just focus on gaining there "flowers"" aka. Our smoke
    I just want some more green thumb knowledge from some of tall GC ppl out here and see if they would just let it stay as is and finish off the next 6 to 8 weeks. Or would they do one last prune before they allowed it to do its own thing till finish! And if they think it will possibly hermie my plant to do it right now this far or is it still safe.
    Thanks GC

6. Nobody at all?/:

7. Yes you can top all your top nodes still at this stage. My guy throws his 20 so plants in flower and tops em all. Waits a week tops again. And another week and tops, then let em grow from that point. They get really bushy and fills out nicely. Then again he grows in a 8x10' w/4 600w hps. In your space id just probably let it be. Its bushy as is lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Very nice micro grow btw!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you, but I'm not trying to get more tops or bushy..I'm just wanting to know if I can trim up some stuff for more airflow and light penetration

10. Ues yes u can brotha

• Like Like x 1
  11. U can lightly defoliate bottom leaves only tho

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. I defoliated some at 36 days of flower Count em took 6 leaves good and green ones off around top. Aint seen a damn thang change but the nugs got fatter im at day 40 flower 50days since flower flip

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I don't recommend doing much trimming during the flower cycle, especially once the plant has made the transition from veg to actually producing flowers. Some strains just can't take it and trust me...there is a reason for the foliage on your plant. All you're going to do is make the plant concentrate on healing instead of working on buds. Let the plant do it's thing. It will shed leaves off itself when the time is right. There is always the chance you'll cause it to hermie too. Do your pruning during the veg cycle and let it do it's thing in flower. TWW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. I defoliate well into wk 3 of flower and never suffer with hermies

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Well hell. I'm only gonna remove a few. :) like 5 or.6.big leaves taking up light and energy

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. We wana see pics!! :passtheshit:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pics coming soon (; when I get home I'll post!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Not the best cam guys, but here she is! 16 days since 12 12 switch. Started showing pistols and actually flowering about 3 days into. So day 13 or 16. However you wanna look at it? Look good to yall, slow bud growth? Or great?
    It's done stretching since the day I trimmed its just been doing the hairs. :) enjoy. And please post and talk :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oh if yall are wondering there exactly 26inches. Little over 2 ft. Which is what I wanted so good for me :p