14/12 flowering.......?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by zda777, May 31, 2007.

1. read that instead of doin the usual 12/12 during flowering, you can use a 13+/12 light cycle. This would allow them to grow quickly while they continue to mimic a 12 hour night. anyone try this?

2. I haven't done this but I think it should work. Plants flower with a 12 hour dark cycle rather than a 12 hour light cycle. So as long as you have 12 hour dark cycles I think it should work. But don't take my word as that from God, rather a person who has a vague idea on the subject.

3. I disagree, plants are influenced by the moon and the earths rotation(gravity shit) so a 26 hr day would confuse them, what you can do is use 13/11.

4. hrm my slight knowledge on the subject doesn't jive with that turkey but my knowledge is limited. I'm pretty sure plants, at least ones that flower under a 12/12 cylce are dependent on a 12 hour period of darkness. My impression is that it's the 12 hours of pure dark that is important and not the amount of light.

But I know you have a much vaster knowledge on MJ so I trust you but may I ask how are they influenced by the moon / earth's rotation. I thought gravitopism was primarily for ensuring roots grow down and stems grow up (and that gravitropism has less of an effect than phototropism).