13 blade leaf white rhino...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by felix5988, Jun 17, 2012.

1. I have a white rhino 2 weeks from first hairs that most of the fan leaves are between 11 and 15 blades on the fan leafs. Thought it was crazy enough to show you guys. Also I haven't been able to get a clone to root from this plant. Could it have something to do with the mutation maybe?

Attached Files:

2. Dont quote me on this But ive heard somewhere The more Blades the plant puts out the means it wants more light then what your giving it. Imho it sounds logical enough but i think its mostly due to genetics mostly because i grew 4 plants under the same light and 2 plants had 11-14 Blade leaves and the other 2 didnt go Past 9 Bladed leaves

3. I would have to say it's something to do with genetics. I've had only one strain, Odyssey, do that to me. Had a few of these in a room with some other strains and it was the only one to put out 11-15 blades.

4. its more to do with genetics than anything. ive grown outdoors for a long time and have seen many plants grow 11-13 bladed leafs. back when i started growing i was always told that the more blades it has the more healthy and mature it is. i have found that to be more true than anything else. the genetics of the plant will allow it to grow so many blades though. some can only have 7 blades some 9+ but the more healthy and mature it gets it can reach its potential. the more blades on the leafs create more surface area for photosynthesis and will grow faster also. for taking clones make sure you chop those leafs down so they are small or it will keep trying to grow instead of rooting.

5. Thanks for the replies. It should be getting plenty of light under a 600 watt in a 4' x 5' area with only one other plant