125cc motorbike

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by hispanicturtles, Mar 17, 2013.

1. so in about a year and 4 months I can get a 125cc motorbike and I really have no idea where to start , budget isn't a issue really I can get a part time job to pay for it , I was looking at bikes like the derbi gpr125 and some other bikes like the aprilla rs125 but if people could make some suggestions ect it would be super helpfull and if you've got any tips that would be great :hello:

2. Why do you need to wait that long?

3. He is probably saving his money for it.

4. Or is waiting to be old enough to take the test

5. Honda Cg 125

Nothing ever goes wrong with them, they're cheap to insure, good on petrol, handle well with better tyres (I recommend Michaelin pro sporty 3)

And they have a hidden compartment to hide your weed :)

6. Yeah it's a combo of not needing it until I leave college , taking the test ect but I want to plan it out and save now rather than get finance and possibly repo'd , I heard the Gc's were great but I was looking more for something like a derbi gpr 125 , aprilla rs125 - sportbikes mainly because they are full size and therefor when I get something bigger it won't be so strange

7. Hate to burst your bubble but those 125 sportbikes are not full size, they look bigger in pictures but they are no bigger than the other 125s

Also I would not recommend a faired bike, they are more expensive to insure, get more attention from police and when you drop it, believe me, you will because everyone does (myself included) you will have to pay alot of cash for new fairings.

8. Damn haha , I thought the aprilla rs125's and stuff were closer to real size bikes in terms of size ? , are they really more expensive to insure by alot or is it marginal ? and police attention wouldn't be too bad out of policy I only ride my fixed gear if I need to move bud and in 8 years of riding I've never been stopped :D , am I seriously gonna drop it ? is it like a universal thing everyone drops it once ?

9. #9 musicman17, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    The insurance on a faired bike would be about 30% more than an equivalent non faired bike, also it is a universal thing, while your getting used to the weight you will end up dropping it in a car park or your driveway wheeling it out of a space or putting it on the stand, it happens to everyone has done it, if it's a naked bike than the only damage you'll get is a little scrape on the bar end, pretty easy to fix :)